New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was reading the prohibitive carry thread and it mentions Blue Cross Arena as a no no. I just called to verify and they said "no firearms allowed, permit or no permit"

That made me chuckle. That being said, does anyone know if there are metal detectors? My wife and I are going tonight to see Cirque and I don't fancy walking through a parking garage at 10:30 at night unarmed.

I could lock it in my car, but it's not much use there.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I have never seen standup units or wands when I have gone to hockey games.

I wouldn't worry about walking to the parking lot. It's crawling with cops directing traffic and the mob of people leaving just like you are.

You could park in the civic center garage and never have to go outside.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Been there for all kinds of events and never been metal detected before. Been there to see Cirque before too.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Screening booths are set up there based on what event is being held. I don't have to tell you what events would warrant the use of the screeners. You can figure it out. They won't be up for Cirque.

Below is a pic of a sign above every entrance:

BCA.jpg

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My wife and I are going tonight to see Cirque and I don't fancy walking through a parking garage at 10:30 at night unarmed.

I could lock it in my car, but it's not much use there.
I wouldn't worry about walking to the parking lot. It's crawling with cops directing traffic and the mob of people leaving just like you are.

You could park in the civic center garage and never have to go outside.
There will be uniforms outisde for traffic/pedestrian control. Additionally, inside the arena, the security 'grey coats' are either off-duty or retired police. If there is any ever some weirdo in the garage/tunnel etc, please let either a uniform or grey coat know. That's why they are there.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Or a cell phone either because it has a camera, and probably can record as well.
Im going to Del. this w/end just looked at the map and have to leave my 40 at home. Have NY and Pa. ccw Fla. paper work in the mail. Going for the w/end with out my friend Mr. springfield sh*ts the bed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts