New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
****,these guys will never see any repercussions from any of this.They will get a PAID administrative leave for a week or so and that will be it.Maybe the one from chicago will see a little more punishment but not much.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My point is, why should there be exemptions for current & retired law enforcement to possess these "banned" items when law abiding citizens can't. So, you as a current/ retired PO can possess whereas your family member can't. It is ridiculous. I won't even go into the veterans issue. That's even more ridiculous. If you want to talk numbers.....your articles go back a while, my links were for last weekend. Let me see.... 10,000 NYPD< 200,000 Marines.....see a ratio issue there with your argument???
Btw, your articles are about Marines with actual PTSD from combat not some fat desk jockey who had 1 beer too many.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My point is, why should there be exemptions for current & retired law enforcement to possess these "banned" items when law abiding citizens can't. So, you as a current/ retired PO can possess whereas your family member can't. It is ridiculous. I won't even go into the veterans issue. That's even more ridiculous.
You make plenty of assumptions, but fail to back them up. I'm not arguing at all that the current wave of Cuomo's laws are ridiculous. I was actually pointing our your blatant bias against cops, by showing that other people, in this case Marines, make stupid choices as well.
Just so you're aware, at least one of those arrested was a PAA, which is a secretary, not a LEO.
Do you really think that ANY cops who post on a firearms forum are the type of officer that you're trying to out? Wouldn't you figure that the "anti gun" cops (of which I actually know none) don't look at these forums?
If you want to talk numbers.....your articles go back a while, my links were for last weekend. Let me see.... 10,000 NYPD< 200,000 Marines.....see a ratio issue there with your argument???
Btw, your articles are about Marines with actual PTSD from combat not some fat desk jockey who had 1 beer too many.
I'm sure if I cared enough, I could find other articles regarding Marines as well as other military personnel arrested. But I don't. I got my point across, and apparently hit a nerve with you. So much the better. I'll also add that 10,000 is excessively low... at least double that number for sworn officers, if not triple. Then let's add in the number of offenses that military members commit that don't make the news, or even get reported. Is that a fairer number for you?

"Fat desk jockeys"... are we referring to military desk jockeys or taking another veiled swipe at LEO's? Because again, I'm pretty sure that both occupations have their share of empty suits.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You make plenty of assumptions, but fail to back them up. I'm not arguing at all that the current wave of Cuomo's laws are ridiculous. I was actually pointing our your blatant bias against cops, by showing that other people, in this case Marines, make stupid choices as well.
Just so you're aware, at least one of those arrested was a PAA, which is a secretary, not a LEO.
Do you really think that ANY cops who post on a firearms forum are the type of officer that you're trying to out? Wouldn't you figure that the "anti gun" cops (of which I actually know none) don't look at these forums?

I'm sure if I cared enough, I could find other articles regarding Marines as well as other military personnel arrested. But I don't. I got my point across, and apparently hit a nerve with you. So much the better. I'll also add that 10,000 is excessively low... at least double that number for sworn officers, if not triple. Then let's add in the number of offenses that military members commit that don't make the news, or even get reported. Is that a fairer number for you?

"Fat desk jockeys"... are we referring to military desk jockeys or taking another veiled swipe at LEO's? Because again, I'm pretty sure that both occupations have their share of empty suits.
I do not have any bias toward cops. Quite the opposite if you only knew. Just the ridiculous absurdity of the law and the irony of it compared to the anti- gun mayors' so called exempted ones. I agree with you there are bad apples with every profession. No nerve with me was struck by your post, it just was ripe for debate. It's all good.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You do not need a bias to understand "equal protction under the law". There should be NO restrictions for ANYONE that is not incarcerated, If they are that much of a danger to society in general, they should be remove from society so they are no longer a threat.

BUT, only those that are an actual DANGER should be removed,,,a danger not to themse;ves, but to society.

Too many people have bought into "Animal Farm" ..."it's just some animals are more equal"

·
Registered
156 Posts
rocpo you's attacking as if my fellow maine thinks marines should be exempt as well and not every man woman and child in his great country. he's just stating that those who are exempt are no better then the average joe who works a 9 to 5. they're people with the EXACT same fault as everyone else. this is not an argument to say vets need the same exemption and not everyone else. or vets should be exempt and not LEO it's that those who are exempt are prone to the same mistakes as the rest. that they were put on a pedestal and proved to be the same as us.

also marines make mistakes, as do soldiers, and airmen, and sailors. the okinawa incident gained attention because the people of Okinawa do not want us there. so because of the diplomatic reasons it was reported. but ;et me say this: thie marines in that incident was a private. that means one of two possible things. one he is what is refereed to as a $h!tbag someone who was busted down because he doesn't stand for what that corps does. he proved himself irresponsible and just doesn't care anymore. OR he is what is referred to as a boot. a new marine not yet accustomed to the marine way of life still celebrating being a marine with a feeling of invincibility (as many new cops feel) as far as the murders look at the alleged NYPD cannibal cop.

he's just providing information that we are all the same and should be treated as such in regards to law.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts