New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever use this stuff? From all the video reviews I saw the stuff shoots very clean and is accurate. I just ordered a case for $449.75 shipped. For that price I will give it a whirl(whenever the hell I get my pistol permit!).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I've never seen the Blazer/Herter's stuff, but I used to shoot the old Federal Premium Nyclad 38+P all the time which is essentially the same concept. I don't know why they stopped making it, because it was extremely good ammo all around and very clean. That was in a revolver though of course, so I'd be interested to see your results on how it feeds in an autoloader. I do wonder how the nylon coating will fare on feed ramps.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's where you can buy it. Half way down the page is a product video. You can also get a box or 2 if you want to try it out. Not a bad price and IN STOCK. It might be a while until I can test it out since I dont even have my pistol permit. I'm just stocking up on ammo for my 1911 whenever I see decent ammo for decent prices. I will get to shoot all my ammo one way or another even if I have to move to PA to do it :D

Cabela's: Herter's Select-Grade TNJ Handgun Ammunition

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it's sold out already.
Appears so. Thats why you really gotta pull the trigger (pun intended) when you see ammo for a decent price and in stock. I keep seeing this ammo popping up at Cabelas. But it goes fast. The first time I saw it I went on youtube to watch a couple of video reviews and it was gone when I got back. Unfortunately Cabelas doesnt have a notify me feature either. Not that I could see at least.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I got to shoot this ammo today. I was highly impressed. 200 rounds and only one stove pipe. I think it may have been because of a limp wrist when I was messing around shooting supported. WAY cleaner than UMC. It was accurate too.

15 yards both eyes open

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.