New York Firearms Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was a member years ago and am thinking of joining up again. Had to drop my membership with the new baby... No time, tight on disposable income back then. My family had long running ties to that club and I do see myself having more free time to contribute now that the little ones aren't so little. Would anyone be willing to sponsor me or get me some more info? I would appreciate it since I think all of the old timers I knew are no longer around or active in the club.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went as a quest to the pistol and rifle range a few weeks ago. This is probably one of the best ranges I have ever been to and I have been to a lot throughout the country. I will most likely join soon. Same situation as Chico right now.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I know they run an annual fishing derby for the kids and I was talking to someone who did an archery program. I recently joined and am still learning. I'm sure kids can fish all season as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I still have a Black Rock fishing derby trophy I won in like 1987. The club always used to be fairly kid friendly, sure it hasnt changed too much.

Trying to Escape From NY but if things dont pan out job-wise and the stars dont align, I would love to sign up again. Just need a little time to see what shakes out.

/thanks to 'you know who you are' for the sponsorship offer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can anyone elaborate on what is involved with the hunting property rights of the range? I understand that it is just for members. Are the lands available to hunt anytime during the open seasons? Does it get used a lot? Enough space to not be on top of other hunters there? I saw on the Black Rock site about their 'growing list of hunting properties.' Are there other hunting lands available to members only? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does Black Rock ever hold public events? I mailed out my application sometime in the beginning of the year and heard nothing back. Cant exactly afford it now so just wondering if I could see what im missing...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can anyone elaborate on what is involved with the hunting property rights of the range? I understand that it is just for members. Are the lands available to hunt anytime during the open seasons? Does it get used a lot? Enough space to not be on top of other hunters there? I saw on the Black Rock site about their 'growing list of hunting properties.' Are there other hunting lands available to members only? Any info would be great.
Your allowed to hunt the range property when the deer season starts,and the ranges close for the season.Your allowed to hunt turkey and small game until 9am,when the ranges open.The other orange county lands are for hunting anytime,unless it's the Oct bird season,where it's a preserve on the weekends and you need to sign up for the weekend to hunt.Jan thru April,theres a pheasant preserve,and paying members are only allowed to hunt. Usually it's a Mad rush in the am,but it calms down in the afternoon.If you have a good dog and briar chaps,you'll have no problem getting birds.I usually take some of the older members out later in the day,so we can have a slow paced hunt.They love to watch the dogs work and are content with seeing birds fly.If we get one,it's a bonus.We have other properties around orange county too,and are in the process of acquiring another parcel at the moment.I don't know if we'll have it in time to hunt this year though.You should show up at a meeting and pick some brains.Thats the easiest way to get updates for whats happening at the club.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your allowed to hunt the range property when the deer season starts,and the ranges close for the season.Your allowed to hunt turkey and small game until 9am,when the ranges open.The other orange county lands are for hunting anytime,unless it's the Oct bird season,where it's a preserve on the weekends and you need to sign up for the weekend to hunt.Jan thru April,theres a pheasant preserve,and paying members are only allowed to hunt. Usually it's a Mad rush in the am,but it calms down in the afternoon.If you have a good dog and briar chaps,you'll have no problem getting birds.I usually take some of the older members out later in the day,so we can have a slow paced hunt.They love to watch the dogs work and are content with seeing birds fly.If we get one,it's a bonus.We have other properties around orange county too,and are in the process of acquiring another parcel at the moment.I don't know if we'll have it in time to hunt this year though.You should show up at a meeting and pick some brains.Thats the easiest way to get updates for whats happening at the club.
Thank you for the info, and I would love to come to a meeting. Any idea when they are? I emailed the range weeks ago with no reply.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The trap + five stand ranges are open to the public on sunday from 9am to when they have no shooters left,weather permitting of course.The next general meeting is August 19th @ 8pm.I'll be shooting at the 5 stand range this sunday @ around 10:30,if you'd like a tour of the ranges.I can put you in touch with the membership secretary and get you an application at the clubhouse after the shooting is done,as the bar opens at 12 noon.PM me if you'd like to meet at the range sunday. Steve

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hey folks,

Just found out Black Rock Fish and Game is doing a membership drive again, this is only open to Orange County residents. Application must be in by March 31st, and I would be happy to sponsor you. Shoot me an email or message and I will get back to you asap. We can meet up and I can give and sign your application as your sponsor which you can then mail in. New members must be accepted by the membership no later than the April General Membership meeting. You must attend either the March 17th or April 21st general membership meeting unless you have some valid reason why you can't make it. It is basically just to show your face so the board can meet you as well as the members present. Of course bring your check book with you. Dues for the first year are $550 and renewals are $150 thereafter with 5 work hours. A large portion of your initiation dues go into the land fund for the club to buy more hunting property/buffer areas.

This is a great chance to get into a great club. Let me know if you interested and we can meet up one day. Thanks and stay safe, Bill

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Hey folks,

Just found out Black Rock Fish and Game is doing a membership drive again, this is only open to Orange County residents. Application must be in by March 31st, and I would be happy to sponsor you. Shoot me an email or message and I will get back to you asap. We can meet up and I can give and sign your application as your sponsor which you can then mail in. New members must be accepted by the membership no later than the April General Membership meeting. You must attend either the March 17th or April 21st general membership meeting unless you have some valid reason why you can't make it. It is basically just to show your face so the board can meet you as well as the members present. Of course bring your check book with you. Dues for the first year are $550 and renewals are $150 thereafter with 5 work hours. A large portion of your initiation dues go into the land fund for the club to buy more hunting property/buffer areas.

This is a great chance to get into a great club. Let me know if you interested and we can meet up one day. Thanks and stay safe, Bill
Certainly is...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Still time to get in on Black Rock Fish and Game's membership drive for 2014, drop me a line if interested the next gen membership meeting it on Monday the 17th. We can meet up and I'll give you a card to fill out and I'll sign it as your sponsor.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts