New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.blackrockclub.org/about-us

Hey guys didn't see a detailed post about my club so I thought I would post a link to our "about" section from our website. If you have any questions about the club or are interested in joining let me know and I would be happy to sponsor you as a member. We are actually having a membership drive in March 2013. Contact me and I can meet you at the meeting and I would be happy to sponsor you. If I am free I'd be happy to show you what the club has to offer in regards to the range and facilities.

Thanks for looking and here is a photo of a buck I took off the Black Rock Forest property off of 9W which the club has exclusive rights to hunt on. Not a monster but shot while walking in to my stand with two other members. They take some real nice racks out there as it borders West Point. I think all together we have close to 4k acres to hunt on but don't hold me to the exact number First years dues are $550, $250 every year after unless you do 5 work hours then its $150 a year renewal. Very reasonable for all that hunting property plus the shooting facilities and stocked trout stream.

Plant Deer Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
http://www.blackrockclub.org/about-us

Hey guys didn't see a detailed post about my club so I thought I would post a link to our "about" section from our website. If you have any questions about the club or are interested in joining let me know and I would be happy to sponsor you as a member. We are actually having a membership drive in March 2013. Contact me and I can meet you at the meeting and I would be happy to sponsor you. If I am free I'd be happy to show you what the club has to offer in regards to the range and facilities.

Thanks for looking and here is a photo of a buck I took off the Black Rock Forest property off of 9W which the club has exclusive rights to hunt on. Not a monster but shot while walking in to my stand with two other members. They take some real nice racks out there as it borders West Point. I think all together we have close to 4k acres to hunt on but don't hold me to the exact number First years dues are $550, $250 every year after unless you do 5 work hours then its $150 a year renewal. Very reasonable for all that hunting property plus the shooting facilities and stocked trout stream.

View attachment 17244
I put my application in last September and still waiting to hear back. Dropped it off personally after touring with a member on a Sunday. Only live 2 miles from there and wanted to join but figured they just didn't want he members

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I put my application in last September and still waiting to hear back. Dropped it off personally after touring with a member on a Sunday. Only live 2 miles from there and wanted to join but figured they just didn't want he members
We might be neighbors lol. I'm about 2 miles away too. I live over by the Hospital in Cornwallis.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, well I don't know what to say about you guys falling through the cracks other than sorry. We have a new membership secretary who is very motivated and I am as well. If anyone would like to check it out or would like me to sponsor you we can get you into the club at next month's meeting. I will introduce you to the membership secretary, you will be voted in and then just have a check. After the meeting we have free hot dogs and draft beer for an hour at the bar.

About being a member and moving, I plan on bugging out of NY as well but that being said I will retain my membership so I have a place to come and hunt when I visit the relatives and friends around the holidays. Thats the plan anyway and the club is that good that I would be happy to keep the membership up. I really LOVED hunting the forest this year...so great to not hear dogs barking, car doors slamming, etc etc. It was real country and yet so close to home.

Sounds like we are all neighbors, would be great to meet you all.

Bill

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The next general membership meeting is Monday March 18th, meet me there at 730pm. Shoot me a PM if interested and I will send you my cell phone number. Just bring a pen and your check book and I will have applications on me for you to fill out again unless you want to meet earlier.

You are very welcome!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is actually the Woodbury Creek and yes the club stocks it full of trout but its for club members only and is patrolled. There is an indoor range but I do not think they use it at this time I can check for you on that. They do have an indoor archery range that is used year round as well as a great 3d archery program. If you have kids they have lots of stuff for them to do as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Come to the meeting and send me a message so I can bring you right up to the membership secretary. I would fill out another form and I will be happy to sponsor. I know out of county residents usually have to wait but in March there is a membership drive so its a good time to get in and I will be happy to help.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts