New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building an AR. I'm assuming that at some point the NY SAFE Act's AWB will get overturned by the courts.

In the meantime, what's the better course of action? Buy an AR upper without a threaded barrel, and get the barrel threaded after the courts have struck down the AWB? Or just wait until the AWB gets struck down and buy an upper with a threaded barrel? I don't know how hard or expensive it is to get a barrel threaded, and don't know if it's easy to do myself.

I am in no rush so if waiting to buy a factory threaded barrel is better, I am happy to do so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked out the Kali Key. Legality may be in question though. I like the idea of fixed mag. There is also an issue if you move out of NY State and want full featured.
Thanks, I will look into it. I am definitely going the route of fixing the mag. I hope unfixing it after the AWB gets overturned doesn't damage the rifle.

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
Have you checked out the Kali Key. Legality may be in question though. I like the idea of fixed mag. There is also an issue if you move out of NY State and want full featured.
Kali key is much more costly than a $25 fixed mag option and you lose the semi auto ability so I don’t like this option but that’s just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like!!

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I bought the DDs Ranch. The upper is getting delivered soon. I hope the seller doesn't hold up the LPK because of the pistol grip.
I really like his version of it. It’s simple, relatively cheap, works for the job at hand and easy to remove if we’re allowed one day. Best of luck and Joe Bob Outfitters was shipping LPK’s as of a few months ago. I think primary arms will as well. Also palmetto state armory was last I knew.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts