New York Firearms Forum banner

Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the Election got me!

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  warner41 
#1 ·
I spent all weekend feeling like I have a problem as I spent $2k last week on "Black Friday" gun deals, between PSA and Primary Arms I got some great deals on parts and accessories. Then last night I got another email from Primary and ended up grabbing another $300 worth of stuff and PSA got me again today with a 410SS CHF 16" Mid length upper for $320. That brings my total for the month of November to about $4500 on gun parts, magazines, and ammo. I need to "ground" myself for the month of December and pick things back up after Christmas now that I have a few new builds going. This is quite a disease, I spent all of my disposable income for the month on gun stuff and baby stuff (have our first due in a few weeks) and now with Christmas and the baby coming I'm sure I'm in for another $5k in December in retail purchases.

This hobby has really got a hold of me, it's a good thing I like it so much.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I have him all set, I have 6 extra stripped lowers in the safe and 60+ NOS preban magazines for him and any siblings he may someday have. He will also get all my guns when I'm gone so he's in good shape.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I've been collecting them all year. I think I have 64 brand new prebans. Quite a few Colt, some parsons, adventurelines, and some english steelies. I have been pretty diligent in finding them, LDD has helped of course. These new ones are for long term storage, I have 25 or so used mags that I use, with magpul followers and new springs.

60!!! damn

Discussion starter · #10 ·
You can find good ones with a little effort. Keep an eye out for LDD's posts in the EE, his stuff goes quick. Several other members here have prebans from time to time as well. Good luck on your build.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
I am of the same thinking. For us in NY I highly doubt there will ever be a time when we aren't living under an AWB, and with magazines being consumable; the more the better

Never stop buying mags. I just sold a few preban AR 30's and immediately freaked out and have repurchased that many again plus some.

I just figure if I buy a couple every couple of weeks, eventually I'll die in the landslide of them, or have a hell of a savings account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.