New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us are going to grab dinner at Bill Gray's before Dr. Maurer's lecture tonight. Anyone want to join?

Bill Gray's
1650 Penfield Rd
Rochester, NY 14625

5:30 pm

I'm going straight from work so I should be there by 5:20 if not before. Please post if you're coming so we know if we need a bigger table. PM me if you want my cell #.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
If I can make it to the lecture tonight, I'll come to bill grays.
Make it happen Mike!!

I'm not sure on burgers, but I'll be at the lecture.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good seeing you all!

I think we had around 15 people there? 8 or 9 site members plus some guests?

· Registered
3,369 Posts
Did anybody leave with the EMTs? :D

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Holy cow were we packed! Thanks to all that came out. The evening was made even more memorable by Anthony DiPonzio and his crew coming to see Dr. Maurer. The applause was good and the standing O was even better for the two guys that basically saved his life by making a quick decision. This was the first time that DiPonzio, his two partners, The ER doc and Doc Maurer were all in the same room, at the same time, since his shooting.

A night to remember. Thanks to all that came out!

Now...how soon should I book Maurer for his JFK talk????

· Registered
1,099 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
The evening was made even more memorable by Anthony DiPonzio and his crew coming to see Dr. Maurer. The applause was good and the standing O was even better for the two guys that basically saved his life by making a quick decision. This was the first time that DiPonzio, his two partners, The ER doc and Doc Maurer were all in the same room, at the same time, since his shooting.
Tony, Paul, and I all had a great time. I gotta say, the intro kinda snuck up on me! The gratitude was appreciated.... It was great to meet so many new people, and in some cases put a face to a name. Count me in for Maurer's next lecture, whatever topic it may be.

Now, we gotta stay on him about signing up here and the mods need to remember to keep screen name iron_maiden open......

And as a direct result of last night, I have DOUBLED my nyfirearms friends list..... I'm all the way up to TWO!

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
Someone needs to try and persuade the Doctor to do one of these on a Friday or Saturday so the out of towner's could get a chance to attend. I'd love to come to one of these but I can't make it out to Rochester on a weeknight because of work. Maybe one day I can schedule a vacation day and get to one of these. I think I'm really missing an excellent presentation from all the feedback I've seen.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
It was a great night. Sorry for not making dinner, I didn't get to the lecture until after 8:00, but it was nice to go out for a few drinks afterwards. Definatly real nice to put meet some new people and those that I haven't seen in a while. It was really nice to meet Anthony.

I would love to here Doc's lecture on blast trauma.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
And the line of the night:

"Did you ever crush a canary? That's why you don't give birds to small children for pets"

I almost fell out of my chair......

· awesome for hire.
3,697 Posts
That was a great time. It was great meeting a bunch of new faces and recognizing people from the forums. I kept pointing out and introducing people as much as I could. I love get togethers like this. Can't wait for the next one!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.