New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I submitted my pistol permit application just over a year ago to the Town of Bethlehem. I haven't heard anything from them at all up to this point.

Has anyone been issued a permit from Bethlehem recently and could you please share your timeline of contacts during the application process (such as when the people currently receiving their permits submitted them?)

Whom do I contact at this point? - I assume (maybe wrongly) that the investigation stage should be complete and submitted to a judge by now, right?

I don't want to bother anyone if I am just in the queue, but I do want to assist the process if there is something wrong, such as a lost piece of correspondence or voicemail.

Also, some minor details on my "supplemental information" sheet to the application have recently changed since being submitted - now over a year ago! - (not my address, references, or legal permitting details). Is there a process for updating/amending these forms or wait until contacted?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a friend who lives in albany county she kept calling the pistol permit office and kept asking sometimes things might get lost on here end or sit in a pile if u show interest it might get pushed along a little quicker

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called and no luck! - courthouse says it is not in the "system" - I am taking it to mean not to a judge yet. Still like to hear from any recent Bethlehem grantees.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it has been a year and the Clerk's office doesn't have it, give Bethlehem PD a call and say you went down to the clerk's office and they told you that they do not have your file and you were wondering what the status was. It took me 2 years to get my permit because Bethlehem PD said it was stuck in mental health for the past year. Once it's delivered to the Clerk's office, prepare to wait at least six more months before you hear anything. If you don't hear anything for six months, then I would call the clerk's office again for a status update. Sorry BTHP308, but it's a PITA waiting game coming out of Bethlehem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in Albany and waited 15 1/2 months for mine . Then 2 minutes in front of the judge and it was approved. The permit was stamped Approved 2 weeks before I even went to court. Now amendments take about 4 wks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will contact Bethlehem PD to see what the application status is currently. I realized the process was slow, but I didn't realize it was THAT slow. Seems like the state should standardize the process and accelerate it - county shouldn't matter for a statewide (minus NYC) license.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts