New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a decent,not the most expensive(if that's possible haha)one piece scope mount for a target AR I am finishing up.....Probably should be fairly heavy duty,I am parking a Nikon Monarch 5x20x44 scope on it and it is fairly heavy.....Any pics,links and/or info would be much appreciated...! Thank you guys....

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I like the Burris PEPR as you know and really do not trust the QD ones.I see a few bad reviews for bad latching,so to me why take the chance and permanent mount mine.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to go with something a little beefier than that PEPR......They are nice but not quite heavy enough for what I want....

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Larue Tactical

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Thanks Jeff....! Sorry,I should have said I need a 1" mount......
They also make 30mm >1" ring reducers for $35. Once you move up to a 30mm scope (and you will eventually) you can still use your nice mount.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
LaRue make great mounts, so do Badger from what I understand.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
I have a CAA but it is 30mm, not 1". I have a Millet DMS 1-4x mounted in it.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
ADM makes nice mounts as well. I believe Allstar Tactical is a distributor too!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I just bought the trijicon quick disconnect and it seems rock solid. Believe mine is 30mm but think they come in 1" as well. A little pricey but really well made. I heard the LaRue is good too.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
BoBro
Burris
ADM
Waren

The burris is more than "beefy" enough for what you want to do. It's not like you are mounting a USO or a Schmidt and Bender.

**** larue.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Any reason for the *** LaRue? I know you have much more experience than I do for this stuff, so I'm interested in hearing what you don't like about them.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Any reason for the *** LaRue? I know you have much more experience than I do for this stuff, so I'm interested in hearing what you don't like about them.
LOL, this is one can of worms that I don't care to really open on here as this topic has been known to cause board wars, perma bans from barfcom (not me never been a member there) among many other things.

The short of it, piss poor business practices, buying people off after telling them to go **** them selves. I really dislike poor business ethics, the man defines them. Then tries to hide behind "charity work". I appreciate the mounts he sent to soldiers, I don't appreciate his "send me a video of you smashing another companies mount and I will send you a free one" Said company was ADM, who make a product that I feel is better anyway as they do not dig into the upper receiver with frequent removals and re-installs.

Lots more to it, but that is the basic run down. I will now put on a flame suite and await the larue nut swingers.... :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for the advice gentlemen.....! I hope all of you have a great 4th of July holiday....:)

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
This is a link to the trijicon. It comes in 1" as well. Good luck whatever you decide and have a happy and safe 4th.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts