New York Firearms Forum banner

Best guitar solo of all time?

6K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  RSBH44 
#1 ·
What is your favortie guitar solo of all time? Dont post any ska,punk, or other BS... im talking about a real guitar solo. My all time favorite solo is by Dan Fogelberg RIP. Maybe sultans of swing or pink floyds time or cigar or rainbow in the dark comes to mind but this is hard to beat(solo is at 3:25 for non-fans):

Dan Fogelberg - Missing You & Part Of The Plan (Live - 1991) - YouTube

#6 ·
Piano is more difficult, not many solos come to mind maybe rifts like toto-hold the line or jethro tull -locomotive breath...or maybe you like straight solos like bach or mozart?

#14 ·
Organ.

And you can't forget:

A lot of the rock bands I listen to always must have strong keyboards.

For piano? Come Sail Away. xD Not a "solo", just a nice tune.

#17 ·
#23 ·
Did somebody say Van Halen??
I've seen a lot of people try to mimic the playing style of Eddie and some can do it, but NOBODY can do it with the same clarity and dexterity that he does.
This guy in one of the BEST self taught play by ear guitarists out there.

#35 ·
Don't know this guy either, so I suppose I don't belong on this thread.

Was hanging with this guy though a few weeks ago. Here is is when he was just learning how get it together. He's taken it to a few new levels since this was taken. Also a "local" guy (Albany area).

#30 ·
Best musician to ever come ot of NY State, had the pleasure of a 1 on 1 convesation iwth him about a year and a half ago, one of the most down to earth people you'll ever meet, and a local boy, not my vid but I was there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.