New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new computer chair. The one I've been using for the past 10 years is just a plain old 20$ steel chair. To be honest, it doesn't feel too good after sitting at the computer for a few hours.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a comfortable computer chair that will provide the user with comfort even after sitting long hours at the computer.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
This one is fairly bada$$...

In all seriousness, get something with lumbar support - the lumbar support more or less forces good posture, helps keep the spine properly curved in the lower back area. I prefer the mesh chairs - they help reduce back sweating which can happen after sitting for long periods of time.

I use this one at my office (which isn't terribly expensive) and it is very comfortable even after sitting in it for a few hours...

Amazon.com: Mesh Executive High Back Office Chair w/ Lumbar Support - Black: Home & Kitchen

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
look for ones with charcoal filters to absorb farts and toilet paper dispensers built into the armrests. then you can't go wrong when it comes to armchair commando-ing and/or monday morning quarterback posts!

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's rather pricey but it's the last computer chair you will ever need. If you ever get the chance to sit in one you will want one!
Aeron - Office Chair - Herman Miller
I've had a few come into work that we sold. It was indeed comfortable, I liked the fact that it was adjustable in virtually every way imaginable.. but it wouldn't offset the stinging sensation left on my bank account. I'd rather buy a $100 Walmart chair and a new .308.

I usually use the cloth/pleather high back walmart/biglots etc.. chairs. Not too comfortable for long periods of sitting, but I really don't need to sit for that long, spending time outdoors is more rewarding.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to Staples today. I like the Tempur-Pedic office/tasks chairs they had the best, but $250 seems a bit steep.

I'll probably do a bit more looking before I buy anything.

Thanks for the input so far!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
A good chair most likely has several adjustments including hight, lumbar, angle and adjustable arms.
The best chair is the one you sit on and you love how it feels. Don't buy a chair online,
go and try them out. you will be spending many hours there and your body will tank you later.
Spend some money too. Cheap chairs are not good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts