New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
What twist barrel do you have? Is it a standard 5.56 barrel, or dedicated .22LR upper?

I'd suggest anything that's not rated at subsonic. They won't cycle properly in a semi-auto most of the time.

· Head Fapper
1,219 Posts
I forgot the company, maybe Federal, but they make .22LR that is "designed" for an AR upper, which I didn't quite understand. I'm using Winchester M22 in my Ruger 10/22, as well as that Winchester 555 stuff with no issues. Also, typically the higher the bullet weight, the slower it will travel (there's more variables than that sitll), so keep that in mind. I use 36 and 40gr without issue.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Mini mags are always my go-to .22LR ammo.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Two companies I use for ammo are Ammo To Go and SGAmmo......Both have great prices and fast shipping without having to sit home and sign for the stuff.....SGA ships a little faster and cheaper.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
This. I've been using that coper plated moly coated M22 ammo and it's damn good stuff, but if it came down to reliability, the Mini mags are the way to go. Stuff just shoot for 22lr, plain and simple.
This. My .22lr of coice is CCI mini mags. I have quite a bit of the M22 and introduced it to RennFab. I also use this federal target stuff thats pretty good too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.