New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Sadly MD was going to be my move to state up until they started their own madness up

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly MD was going to be my move to state up until they started their own madness up
This is why I hope many choose to stay and fight. As the old auto parts commercial said, "You can either pay me now, or pay me later". If we keep running, we may run out of places to go. Let's stay and fight the corruption and take back this country.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you're going to start running, you may as well cross the entire north-east off your list of potential moves; except maybe Maine. I think companies moving is a good idea; it deprives the state of income, and, unfortunately for those that were employed, jobs. But the more every day Joes who move out, the less there will be to vote down these laws, and get these 'representatives' out of office.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
If you're going to start running, you may as well cross the entire north-east off your list of potential moves; except maybe Maine. I think companies moving is a good idea; it deprives the state of income, and, unfortunately for those that were employed, jobs. But the more every day Joes who move out, the less there will be to vote down these laws, and get these 'representatives' out of office.
Vermont and New Hampshire are also very gun friendly.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Good for them. If Remington supported the Second Amendment, they would of done the same thing.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
This is why I hope many choose to stay and fight. As the old auto parts commercial said, "You can either pay me now, or pay me later". If we keep running, we may run out of places to go. Let's stay and fight the corruption and take back this country.
My getting out of NY isnt fueled so much by the current political nonsense (though it certainly doesnt help), it really has more to do with the nature of my business. I can barely give work away up here, whereas Ive built quite the client base in MD, not to toot my own horn but I have people driving hours to come see me when I make trips down there. NYShooter so correctly pointed out that Vermont is very gun friendly and in my opinion will be one of the last bastions of gun rights on the east coast if things keep going the way they do. Not to mention that I grew up on the border and spent most of my young life romping the green mountains. But there is once again the problem of the want for tattoo work that keeps me from just moving back that way.

So please dont necessarily take my want to leave as a move to turn and run now that the going has gotten tough, I just simply cannot make a living here performing my trade.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Good for them. If Remington supported the Second Amendment, they would of done the same thing.
I'd prefer Remington not destroy an entire town in NY by leaving. I guess you don't care about collateral damage in the fight, as long as it's not your job that moves to another state.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I'd prefer Remington not destroy an entire town in NY by leaving. I guess you don't care about collateral damage in the fight, as long as it's not your job that moves to another state.
I wish my job closed and sent me out of state, I would lead the caravan and No the needs a small little town don't even come close to being as important as a few million (about 85 million) gun owners nationwide.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
There aren't enough Joes already, or we wouldn't be in this position in the NE. My move to PA allows me to vote against Toomey and Casey, in a state that's about half and half right now. Hoping my vote, along with as many others as I can drag to the polls, can change the outcome of an election.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That comment sounds a lot like "if you do not support gun control, you do not care about murdered schoolchildren". That was not true, and your comment is not necessarily true either.

I think most NY residents would prefer that Remington be able to produce their goods in a state that respected and appreciated their presence, but that is no longer possible in NY. We are left with having to choose between two bad alternatives - having some workers lose their jobs, or supporting the same state that seeks to deny our natural right to self defense.

I do care about the workers at the Remington plant, but I care about preserving the rights of this and future generations even more.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
For gun laws in particular, both VT and NH are vastly better than any other NE states. For freedom in general, NH is one of the best states in the US and certainly the most free state in the NE US. With the Free State movement, NH is actually growing more free with time, which is opposite the trend in almost all other states.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I care about the communities in NY, and I don't care for slash and burn tactics. You can be myopic and hate the state over it's gun laws, but I still enjoy living here. I prefer fighting for 2A that won't kill local economies and hurt the people. You can salt the earth, burn all the bridges, and move to Texas, but not everyone wants to do that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
As much as I want out of this Communist DUMP of a State, I can't leave.....at least, not for a long time. So, I'm here, and I'm here for the fight. As much as I can't blame people for leaving (believe me, I feel the same way), but, would be nice to see everyone stay, and fight this corrupt Gov't...Fight them so hard that they won't know what hit them!

As for Baretta....I had a feeling they'd leave MD.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Don't look for comfort in Main and New Hampshire. They are plagued with Mass. Ex-patriots, and steadily loosing freedoms.
Robin

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I care about the communities in NY, and I don't care for slash and burn tactics. You can be myopic and hate the state over it's gun laws, but I still enjoy living here. I prefer fighting for 2A that won't kill local economies and hurt the people. You can salt the earth, burn all the bridges, and move to Texas, but not everyone wants to do that.
If you think people are bailing, including me eventually, just becasue fo gun laws, your not paying attention.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I guess 1000+ jobs in Ilion are more important to some than the fate of an ENTIRE state.

How much "collateral damage" do you favor inflicting on those of us who don't work for Remington?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I guess 1000+ jobs in Ilion are more important to some than the fate of an ENTIRE state.

How much "collateral damage" do you favor inflicting on those of us who don't work for Remington?
As long as Remington gave it's workers the choice to come along, I'd support the move 100%. We all make choices, we all live through events like losing a job (twice in my life) and we all can either stay and fight or pack up and leave. If given the choice, (and knowing the demographics) I'd be outta NY in a NY minute. But I can't go (a choice I realize, but leaving my wife isn't an option, and she isn't leaving her family), so I stay and fight. Remington is like a sports team that trades a popular player and then reminds us all that "It's a business". Those teams are hard to root for.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
im here with ya bro... this is the front lines of the battle, if we can win here the rest of the country stands a better chance of surviving the onslaught from the gun grabbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts