New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No need to explain 922r compliance. I want to add the larger size mag tube (not the extender for the tube). Just wondering which parts are available that are US made to switch out to get back to that magic number 10. Is it possible with this firearm?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good find gunsick1! Thanks. Any Ideas on what two other parts are are the best/easiest to find to switch out other then the mag tube, to make it three? I want to use high quality parts obviously.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Keep in mind that you'd need to put on a non-pistol grip stock in order to use any mag/tube extensions.

With a pistol grip, semi-auto shotguns can only have a 5rd maximum magazine capacity (tube in this case) or else they'd bein violation of NYS's AWB.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind that you'd need to put on a non-pistol grip stock in order to use any mag/tube extensions.

With a pistol grip, semi-auto shotguns can only have a 5rd maximum magazine capacity (tube in this case) or else they'd bein violation of NYS's AWB.
Point taken. Thanks Cossey! SO many laws! Ugh! Anybody know of a stock that fits an m4 well with no pistol grip? I want something that is quality and looks like it fits the firearm.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I believe Benelli makes one, and that's prolly be the only one I'd buy because of the recoil system on the M4s.

Are you using this for competition, or hunting, or just whatever other use you have? If you're hunting, you can't have more than 5rds either, no matter if it has a pistol grip or not.

I love my M4. It's one of the few guns I'd never sell.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have firearms for hunting, target sports, and home defense already. Its one of those guns that took me a while to rationalize buying. The reality is it is for extreme home defense and fun in the back yard shooting at fax machines and such(yes the back yard is TONS of woods and I have a hatred of fax machines). I am going to search out if Benelli makes one.

Found it! $150 at Midwest Gun Works.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have firearms for hunting, target sports, and home defense already. Its one of those guns that took me a while to rationalize buying. The reality is it is for extreme home defense and fun in the back yard shooting at fax machines and such(yes the back yard is TONS of woods and I have a hatred of fax machines). I am going to search out if Benelli makes one.

Found it! $150 at Midwest Gun Works.
Wait a minute! If I use a Benelli stock then I need one more part to be US made to be 922r compliant! Hammer,new higher capacity tube, and one more??? What else can I switch?

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Wait a minute! If I use a Benelli stock then I need one more part to be US made to be 922r compliant! Hammer,new higher capacity tube, and one more??? What else can I switch?
I don't know, I've never really thought about it lol.

Here's a list of the parts the Benelli parts that count towards 922r:

1. Receiver
  2. Barrel
  3. Bolt
  4. Bolt carrier
  5. Gas piston
  6. Trigger housing
  7. Trigger
  8. Hammer
  9. Disconnector
  10. Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)
  11. Forearm/handguard (forend)
  12. Magazine body
  13. Follower

If you're upgrading the magazine tube (not just the extension), that'll count as the magazine body, and then you'll wanna get the follow below so you'll have the that as well (two parts total).
Then all you'd need is the hammer, disconnector, or the trigger.

The whole magazine tube would need to be replaced. Adding the mag extension does not count as a US made part for 922r, despite it being made in the US.

The Freedom Fighter Tactical Steel Full-Length Magazine Tube | *|*Freedom Fighter Tactical
The Freedom Fighter Tactical 922(r) Compliant Aluminum Shotgun Follower for Benelli M4 - Red | *|*Freedom Fighter Tactical
http://freedomfightertactical.com/products-page/922r-compliant-trigger-parts/ (Pick any of those single parts)

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure if you changed your stock to a non-pistol grip, it'd count as removing a 922r item from the list needed, despite the stock still being made in Italy. Don't quote me on that though, and still do the above parts to be safe.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It says the will NOT ship a seven round mag tube to NY! I hate this. Even trying to respect all laws companies wont let me even get what I need to do it!
Follower, hammer, tube,stock with no pistol grip.....EVERYTHING would be state and federal legal then! Yet they wont send the mag tube here!

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I sent them a message just now and copy/pasted NYS Penal Code 265 into it, specifically the definition of an assault weapon, so maybe they'll change that afterwards.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent them a message just now and copy/pasted NYS Penal Code 265 into it, specifically the definition of an assault weapon, so maybe they'll change that afterwards.
Very cool! Thanks! If they change their policy. I and everyone who is ever trying to do what I am doing THANKS YOU!

I understand they are just covering their [email protected]*es from a lawsuit or worse from some chump ordering the larger mag tube ONLY and installing it, hence not being in complience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts