New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Not a chance. Its built on a nodak spud reciever, that company didnt exist before the ban.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a chance. Its built on a nodak spud reciever, that company didnt exist before the ban.
Ah ok thanks, I know the kits dont count since they are assembled afterwards (like WASR 10s) but being this was the complete set I figured it might be.

Why would they stamp a receiver 1992 when it couldn't have even existed then? Isn't that illegal? Or is that lil tab not part of the receiver?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I'm not an AK expert but I think that stamp is on the trunion, not the receiver.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Yes that's the front trunion. Disregard that date. It's just the year of mfg of the original military rifle it once was before being demilled.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O alright, I wasn't sure if that was the receiver or not. How do you tell if the receiver is preban then? I never see a year stamp on those its always the trunion.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
It's going to vary for every manufacturer. Some companies didn't exist before the ban, some didn't exist after. Some had to change the name of their firearms, or made a design change to comply with the ban. And then some use part of the serial number (like Ruger) or another stamp (like the Italians) to denote when a receiver was made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts