New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm two different Blue Moons, and 3 Sam Adam's Octoberfests deep. Five total. I think, I never keep a count. Whats your favorite brew? Why? How many can you handle?

Beer thread. Man, I hope I spelled everything right...

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
A lot.

And I'm dying here. Drying right up. :( And Blue Moon is my favorite. I like most of their seasonal packs too. Winter Abbey Ale. Mmmm.

If I wasn't diving in the morning I'd be right there with you.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm a whiskey guy myself. Time to get some.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had Blue moon"s Carmal Apple Spiced Ale and their Harvest Pumpkin Ale for the first time.

Really like both. Blue moon's belgian wheat ale is my favorite... although I think it would be bested by Sam Adam's Octoberfest if the latter were a year round brew.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I just had Blue moon"s Carmal Apple Spiced Ale and their Harvest Pumpkin Ale for the first time.

Really like both. Blue moon's belgian wheat ale is my favorite... although I think it would be bested by Sam Adam's Octoberfest if the latter were a year round brew.
The regular Blue Moon is great. That on tap is just...yeah. I liked the Carmel apple, but the pumpkin one I wasn't too fond of. I don't care for pumpkin flavored stuff in general. Pumpkins are meant to be shot, not eaten. xD

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I'm two different Blue Moons, and 3 Sam Adam's Octoberfests deep. Five total. I think, I never keep a count. Whats your favorite brew? Why? How many can you handle?

Beer thread. Man, I hope I spelled everything right...
Are we talking bottles, 12 packs or cases? My goto beer is Sam Adams lager. I like the Octoberfest too. Haven't had a Blue Moon. Love the German beers and been getting into a bunch of different IPAs lately. Sam Smith is awesome. I'm with Darth on this one and can handle a lot....

· Banned
5,971 Posts
I don't have 1 favorite, i stopped getting drunk when I was about 25. I've had over 1000 different beers, stopped keeping track about 700, stopped keeping notes about 350. I was a BJCP judge at one point but I let it expire.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a solid featherish-weight. 5 or 6 IPAs and I'm laughing to loud at jokes. i am however a distinguished drinker. Anything but a glass bottle is crass, sir.

The only Sam Adam's I care for is their Octoberfest. You should REALLY try Blue Moon.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
I have Rolling Rock in the fridge... it replaced the Leinenkugel Shandy once it stopped being hot as **** outside...

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Joe Walsh once said "I only got drunk once. It lasted 20 years..." lol.

Yeah, I got to try Blue Moon...
I suggest getting a variety to start with. You'll really like some of their seasonals beers. Agave Nectar Ale...

On a totally seperate note I think I've had 7 or so now. My not-quite-wife-but-long-time-fiancee'-of-like-three-years-and-a-tour-of-duty wants to watch a show and head to bed.

Night all.

PS. My bad on spelling and grammer. Forgive me, I'm only a small portion Irish. I only hold it so well.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
I dont really drink but when I do I love a good Guiness extra stout, I usually stop at the one or two mark as Im a pretty big lightweight with drinking :) Bigfoot barley wine is also a favorite of mine, my gf says it tastes like feet but I love it :D

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I'm a fan of a local brewery's Brown's Whiskey Porter

Brown

· Registered
5,168 Posts
I've been a craft beer aficionado since I was stationed in Colorado in the 90's and have been a homebrewer since 2005. So basically any non-mego company produced beer does it for me (at least once that is).

1 - 20 of 297 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.