New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Rules:
1. There are 2 categories and you must post your category along with your starting pic..
CAT 1: Bare to Beard (clean shaven to beard in ~9months.. like having a baby)
CAT 2: ZZ Top (For those with growth already in progress)
2. You must post a picture of your face between Oct1 and Nov1 to participate. (clean shaven for CAT1). The picture must include the area to be bearded at minimum. We know some people won't post full face shots and quite frankly, some of you guys are not that pretty. (Smurf and SW are free to post selfies though ;)). Entry will be closed on Nov 2nd.

3. Beard growth:
a. First pic of growth must be posted 8 weeks from start.
b. post in your single post as an edit, do not add a new post so that we can clearly see the progression.
c. A pic should be posted regularly to show progress.
d. War ends on June21st 2015. Your final shot must be in by this day.
4. judging starts on June 22nd.
a. There will be one winner for each category.
5. The last pic posted by you will be used as the final entry.
6. The post with the most likes in each category wins.
7. You may like and unlike at will.

Earpro Sonic Defenders® Plus Earplugs from SureFire
(I own a pair of ep3's and they are awesome.. and since 4 is higher than 3, it has to be the bestest.. )

Prize submission by GOPERFECT:
a Brick(500) of CCI Standard Velocity to whom ever the winner shall be.

Winner of each category gets 250 rnds.

The winners of each category get to KARMA OFF the Earpro Sonic in a manner of their choosing but they must work together to come up with the Karma Concept. If no agreement can be reached, Me and The Celt will do it. This Karma must be presented 1 week after winners are selected.

PLEASE! DO NOT CHAT in this thread. post your pic and edit your single post only.
Chat here if you want to:
http://nyfirearms.com/forums/off-topic/85756-oct-1st-2014-nyf-beard-wars.html
FIGHT!

[EDIT] 10/2/2014
Guys, make sure you only vote once in each category. Don't "like" everyone's beard as it will make it impossible to count the vote :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Entry: ZZ Top (I liked Sasquatch" better lol)

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Cat 1 I guess, stash is well established but the beard started today

·
Registered
315 Posts
You guys are lucky you can grow a beard. Being Korean means 1 year of facial hair growth equals foo man choo looking weirdness. Some of you guys grow more facial hair in a day than I do in a month. On top of that- my facial hair has no volume. Good luck to you all - here I am wishing I could grow a real man beard.

tdpark

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Cat 1- Bare to beard (shaved 9/30 pic taken 10/2)
Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Head

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
first day i didnt shave was Oct. 1st. i didnt snap a picture on the 30th and i have a shadow going now so this is me baby faced.

Attachments

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
already have my usually hunting beard but i'll see how long the wife lets me grow it out from here :)

Forehead Nose Cheek Chin Eyebrow

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
already have my usually hunting beard but i'll see how long the wife lets me grow it out from here :)

View attachment 36024
also..looks like your lil flash now?? If that avator is you..you've done a heck of a weight loss..hopefully healthy..if so congrats!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hairstyle Hat Cap Fedora Jaw

Do i win??

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Am I crazy or does anyone else not have the "edit" function on this thread?

Edit: Oooook so I can edit THIS post but NOT my original... what the hell is going on here?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Am I crazy or does anyone else not have the "edit" function on this thread?

Edit: Oooook so I can edit THIS post but NOT my original... what the hell is going on here?
Nothing different than it ever t'was. Posts anywhere on the site are editable for 21600 minutes from the time of posting. (15 days but 21600 minutes is the way it's actually listed in the forum options)

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
We will just have to post updates in a new post..... but you are crazy. ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nothing different than it ever t'was. Posts anywhere on the site are editable for 21600 minutes from the time of posting. (15 days but 21600 minutes is the way it's actually listed in the forum options)
Did not know that... now I know, and knowing is half the battle...

Anyway, here's my 8 week update for Cat 2, you get to see my ugly mug for the first time, and I actually have a shirt on!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts