New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I use them on most of my friend's guns. I like the medium but its personal preference really. Quality is good but not sure if its really any better than other milspec pieces. The writing is cool if you're into that sort of thing.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
That's the only charging handle I put on my AR's. I agree with cgrutt about the medium size, it's just right. The large style is huge and sticks out too much.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Its also made out of stronger aluminum (7075) and the latch is redesigned to keep the pressure off the roll pin which is where most charge handles fail.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I use them and like them.

The side latch makes it so you can charge the rifle by the one side (instead of supporting both). If you do that too many times on a standard CH, you can break the roll pin. Plus, the larger latch makes it easier to catch on your hand when you're in a hurry. The latch itself is very well built.

I have the medium latches, but if I had to do it over, I'd go large.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have cheaped out way too many times dicking around with add on Tac latches and always kick myself for not just getting one in the first place. It's strength is in the latch its made so that the stress point isn't on the roll pin like a normal charging handle, which is the weak point when clearing jams and such in a tactical environment. I like the medium one also!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I'd get a raptor and call it a day. If not a BCM medium latch works :)

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I agree on the BCM hands down all the way,I have the BCM large latch the mod 3 and I just love having this one as it is easier to use on my AR because of the scope I am using which is a Carl Ziess Conquest..

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
my friend has a med and large..and prefers the large just a tad bit more than the medium but the medium works just as well. Minor preference towards the large due to large hands but you would be very safe just going with the medium.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I have two, both mod #, I dont have guns for them tho. they are $10 more than if you bought a regular handle and put a big latch on it. If your happy with the little latch, they aren't worth it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
BCM makes a great charging handle! My friend loves his. (I like it, as well)

I also love the Raptor handle, but, my bank account can't justify spending $90 for one.

I went the (simple) more affordable route: I installed a "Badger" tactical latch on my handle. I didn't go for the entire latch & handle assembly.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
+1 on medium or Raptor

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
If your going to have a sling on the rifle (1-pt or 2pt), the large latch can catch on your clothing if your doing shooting drills or competition. That's why a lot of people recommend the medium.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your going to have a sling on the rifle (1-pt or 2pt), the large latch can catch on your clothing if your doing shooting drills or competition. That's why a lot of people recommend the medium.
oooh thanks for that, I was just about to order a Large, I didn't think about the sling aspect.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts