New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a post that the Batties are considering implementing a requirement that all imported shotguns must have a "sporting purpose". New ruling to be effective Monday the 24th? Gee, could this be aimed squarely at the Saiga? Might be a really good investment to grab a couple for resale after the ban goes through.....watch the prices go nuts!

· Registered
538 Posts
all siagas are already in a "sporting" configuration.

· Registered
3,023 Posts
sigh...

I guess it is time to watch the price of Saiga's go through the roof if they can't be imported anymore...

Why do the feds insist on messing with the one industry sector that is actually making money in America?

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing that they will throw the combination of detachable magazine, semi-automatic, and some other evil thing togather as being a lethal combination of evil-ness...but it might be aimed at any of the inexpensive little "tacticals" or even big dollar Benellis, too...before long they will require chokes, vent ribs and a minimum barrel length. I still feel that it will adress the Saiga directly, as anything on a Kalashnikov derived platform is bad bad bad. We'll see come Monday.

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Am I just paranoid or does the BATF seem to have ratcheted up its regulatory fervor ever since the recent, sneaky recess appointment by Obama of anti-gun extremist Andrew Traver? I think we've been lulled into a false sense of security about Obama's intentions on firearm restrictions. His opposition to private gun ownership has always been consistent and clear. And, as in other areas, his SOP is to appoint a czar to do his dirty work, so he can rule by edict because he can't through the legislative process.

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Here's the first paragraph of a great piece on Andrew Traver, by Kevin D. Williamson...very entertaining:

Traver Off Target

"Pres. Barack Obama has nominated Andrew Traver, an episodically dishonest campaigner against Americans' right to keep and bear arms, to be head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. ATF is arguably the least competent of our major federal law-enforcement agencies and unquestionably the least impressive of them. The bureau probably ought to be dissolved and its functions dispersed among other agencies before it does more harm to the republic than it already has; it certainly should not be entrusted to a man with documented hostility toward Americans' ancient constitutional rights and a remarkably backward view of the role firearms play in American criminal violence."

Traver Off Target - Kevin D. Williamson - National Review Online

· Registered
2,534 Posts
There's an almost obvious fear and/or loathing of what's in those creepy looking hands look about him, like some prissy chick being forced to pick up her own dogs turds, ain't there.

I bet he washed them raw 26x before he could get the smell of evil out of them, or at least get the stink of death down to a tolerable level so he could enjoy touching the little boys again without too strong a reminder of those days in prep school when he got gang raped by a bunch of ***** with broom handles.

Wrong shaped head for that haircut too.

(is it wrong to go straight to there simply based on a single photo and no real supporting evidence?
BTW, notice the subliminal camera angle that makes him look slightly 'bigger than life' so as to psychologically give the impression of power and knowledge? Freakin' psy~ops folks at it again)

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CTD had a blog post about the proposal yesterday, stating that it would be aimed at anything with "extended magazine capacity" (over 5 rounds?) and things like a bayonet lug and so on...yep, lots of crimes being done with Model 97 trench gun replicas by bored Cowboy Action Shooters...Alvin York on a rampage....

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a problem...life is always better South of the Mumford Bridge! But I do have a complaint, about it out here...No Alesi, cigars-and-strippers, mayoral merry-go-round....our guys sure aren't trying very hard to get in the news!

· Registered
2,534 Posts
CTD had a blog post about the proposal yesterday, stating that it would be aimed at anything with "extended magazine capacity" (over 5 rounds?) and things like a bayonet lug and so on...yep, lots of crimes being done with Model 97 trench gun replicas by bored Cowboy Action Shooters...Alvin York on a rampage....
For all the talk about bayonet lugs you read/hear associated with these silly proposals, does anyone recall the last time that was even an issue in the civilain world?
I mean for the life of me, I cannot recall even one instance of someone actually bayonetting someone or someone being on the receiving end of one.

What is the deal w/5 rounds anyway, like that's some magic number?
In the case of shotguns it seems even more bizarre a choice onnaconna for sporting purposes like hunting skeet and trap, 2~3 is usually the limit anyway. Or are they 'allowing' 5 to show thier generosity and understanding for those who might want home defense too?

If Saiga gets hit, you gotta wonder if they'll do that little mod thing like someone did to get around the California BS: put a shroud over the mag release so that you have to use a bullet tip or tool to remove said magazine. Instant compliance with non~removable magazine definitions.

EDIT:
BTW, anyone else notice that the rifle in the pic above has neither bayonet lug OR a muzzle device?
Subtle bit of propeganda...... very subtle.
People see that configuration in those creepy hands and they see all that are in that configuration as illegal too.
(I bet I could go to Dick's Sporting Goods right now and legally buy one EXACTLY like it)

· Registered
3,023 Posts
EDIT:
BTW, anyone else notice that the rifle in the pic above has neither bayonet lug OR a muzzle device?
Subtle bit of propeganda...... very subtle.
People see that configuration in those creepy hands and they see all that are in that configuration as illegal too.
(I bet I could go to Dick's Sporting Goods right now and legally buy one EXACTLY like it)
Actually you couldn't get one 'exactly' like it - that is a full-auto AK (note there are three pins present). ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.