New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the bank, the ATM outside was AFU, so I had to go inside to do my banking. I came across a sign posted on the outer doors of the bank, caught me a little off guard. Sign read:
NO HOODIES.
NO SUNGLASSES.
NO CELL PHONES.
The sign didn't mention one word about weapons. Nothing!
When I go to the bank I'm armed, I'm not about to be robbed at the ATM. My money, stays my money till I willingly depart with it.
So, I'd say it's fine to carry in the bank, since I don't meet the profile they have posted on the doors?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Just saw the same type of thing on a bank door today for the first time. Nothing about phones but said to remove head gear and sunglasses before entering the bank. I think it's so they can ID you better if you rob the place. My regular bank doesn't have anything like that. This was a Mahopac National Bank.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... I think it's so they can ID you better if you rob the place...
Yeah, more than likely. Sign I saw is at the Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Newburgh branch.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Banks that do not want you to carry say outside "No Weapons Allowed" or something like that. If no sign outside then good to go. However, I strongly and I do mean STRONGLY URGE anyone that does carry inside of a bank to ensure they are carrying concealed and do not have an OOPS moment or else it will unleash a "poopoo storm". Due to economic conditions most bank employees are on edge as it is due to increased robbery attempts so spotting a firearm may cause them to hit the panic button.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Yeah, more than likely. Sign I saw is at the Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Newburgh branch.
i've seen the exact same sign at my local HVFCU branch, no mention of anything else. Next time i stop in i'm going to ask them what their policy is as far as permit holders and people carrying inside, but the phrase "Concealed is Concealed" comes to mind.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wouldn't ask them about guns. why inspire them to add that to the list lol? But yeah, I've heard the hoodie and sunglass thing is so you look more recognizable in the camera footage.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
My bank features the same sign and a measuring strip on the inside of the doors to get your assailants height.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I wouldn't ask them about guns. why inspire them to add that to the list lol? But yeah, I've heard the hoodie and sunglass thing is so you look more recognizable in the camera footage.
i'm not too concerned about asking my regular teller, she see's me all the time and knows i'm a permit holder and that i'm going for my armed guards licence.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm an armored car guard and in and out of banks all the time, the no hats hoodies and sunglasses is actually pretty common and its so they can Id bad guys after the fact with the cameras. Some banks have no firearms signs and son dont, just depends on the bank. I honestly have never seen the hat and sunglasses thing enforced though, and I'm in banks everyday lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts