New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Wow... i dont understand some of these companies but either way I hate banks luckily my bank has a bunch of 2A friendly employees

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
That's OK ... I don't see Bank of America being around long. It's pretty much run by the govt and so far everything they touch turns to sh*t!! Just look around .... 'nuff said. LOL

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'll pull out my kids' money and put it in a Starbucks cup.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
HSBC also will not let someone who sells guns have an account.

Someone told me that it was something about being international and government regulations. I don't remember the exact story. Maybe because the bank can't guarantee that money from selling guns won't go overseas? I dunno, maybe whoever posted about it can chime in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only way for BOA to understand the impact of their actions is to use the power of your wallet. The NRA should be leading the charge on this.

I'm surprised some of the other banks haven't come out and said 2A supporters are welcome here.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Bank of America... What a joke. They shouldn't be allowed to have "America" in their name with the way they attempt to squash the rights guaranteed by America's second amendment.

Needless to say, I would not be looking to do business with BoObama when I do get around to getting my FFL.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Bank of America... What a joke. They shouldn't be allowed to have "America" in their name with the way they attempt to squash the rights guaranteed by America's second amendment.

Needless to say, I would not be looking to do business with BoObama when I do get around to getting my FFL.
The banks are all privately owned... Even the Federal Reserve is privately owned. It's not owned by the government. They just want us to think it is.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The banks are all privately owned... Even the Federal Reserve is privately owned. It's not owned by the government. They just want us to think it is.
We just prop them up and cover their losses when they make bad investments with money they don't have.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
BoA lost my business LONG before the .gov got involved.
if a Bank doesn't want to have employees for me to talk to, I'll take my money elsewhere. Having your lobby closed early every day and no Saturday hours, and expecting me to do everything via ATM? No, thanks. Pulled my money out within the week.

Almost wish I had an account at a BoA just to close it out again!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
not a fan, never was, company I worked for used them and if they ever asked me if I wanted to open one, I very happily said no way

·
Registered
522 Posts
heh i work there. good benies. but i have a hard time swallowing it. i see myself as a saboteur honestly... after losing my job it was the only thing i could get quick that paid close.

·
Registered
522 Posts
to be honest i dont even like talking about it... sometimes it seems as if they allways find a new way f people over... granted if all your looking for is a simple account and can balance a checkbook there are some perks. just dont overdraw lol.... i try and help people as much as i can . explain tricks of the trade and loopholes....

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I won't do business with BoA or HSBC. I get annoyed when I have to go in any of their locations because I feel like I am supporting them. Local banks or credit unions are the way to go anyways. My bank is open until 5 or 6 daily and has Saturday hours. At least one location I know of has Sunday hours too. My bank doesn't have any signs forbidding ccw either.

One other rant about some banks. It really annoys me when they charge you to cash a check if you don't have an account there. I cashed a check from a person who had an account with M&T the other day and they wanted to charge me $10 because I didn't have an account with them. I think HSBC tried to do the same a year or two ago.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
One other rant about some banks. It really annoys me when they charge you to cash a check if you don't have an account there. I cashed a check from a person who had an account with M&T the other day and they wanted to charge me $10 because I didn't have an account with them. I think HSBC tried to do the same a year or two ago.
Ehh...think about that though. That's asking a business to provide a service for you, but you giving them nothing in return. That isn't how business works.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Ehh...think about that though. That's asking a business to provide a service for you, but you giving them nothing in return. That isn't how business works.
It is no different if the check gets cashed anywhere else. The customer who wrote the check is the one who is paying for the services and that is the part of writing checks. It is bad business and that is why I'm not with any banks.

James

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It is no different if the check gets cashed anywhere else. The customer who wrote the check is the one who is paying for the services and that is the part of writing checks. It is bad business and that is why I'm not with any banks.

James
Do you think there are check cashing fairys that provide this service for free? It costs money to process the transaction. Time=Money. This is a very basic business concept.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts