New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to owner Joe Sirochman, the bank, which was recently caught engaging in the highly unlawful practice of laundering billions of dollars in Colombian drug cartel money, has put a freeze on American Spirit's transaction deposits and has refused to release funds legitimately processed through the company's web site.

In an apparent attempt to take the moral high road on the issue of gun ownership, Sirochman says the Bank of America manager he spoke to about the inaccessibility of his company's funds told him the bank believes he "should not be selling guns and parts on the internet."

Outrage: Bank Of America Freezes Funds of Licensed Online Gun Dealer: "We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet"

http://www.americanspiritarms.com/

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
So apparently feelings now allow people to illegally freeze bank accounts? Huh.

I hope they get sued so ****ing bad next year the bank is named "Bank of Spirit Arms"

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
a private institution determining that their regulations and opinions supersede the Constitution of the United States of America .

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
It's a private business, they can do what they want.
So, if you lend me your lawn mower, and it's stored in my garage, I don't have to give it back?

BOA has been anti-gun for a long time. I have no problem with them dropping his account. That would be something they can legally do. However, freezing their funds and not allowing him to withdraw them isn't right.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
So, if you lend me your lawn mower, and it's stored in my garage, I don't have to give it back?

BOA has been anti-gun for a long time. I have no problem with them dropping his account. That would be something they can legally do. However, freezing their funds and not allowing him to withdraw them isn't right.
That would be theft, which is against the law. What law is BOA committing here?

Honestly, anyone who does business with BOA deserves exactly what they get. They've been known as a ****ty company for years. If at this point, you're STILL doing business with them and they do something like this to you, then I have zero sympathy for you.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
It's a private business, they can do what they want.
No, if they do not want them to buy guns they can close their accounts and give them their money back, they cannot hold it indefinitely without legal cause or reason. This would be similar to a bank teller freezing your accounts because your car has a "Romney 2012" sticker on it, and he/she supported Obama, that person would lose their job, lose the bank a customer, and depending on who they do it to, may lose some teeth.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
That would be theft, which is against the law. What law is BOA committing here?
They took the customer's money (from another bank/cred card company), right? That money wouldn't legally be his?

So if my mother gives me a check for my birthday, my bank takes the money from her account, deposits it mine, and then put a hold on that so I can't withdraw it? You're OK with that? You don't consider that theft?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I will be closing my account with them tomorrow. Thank you for posting this.

·
Registered
794 Posts
No, if they do not want them to buy guns they can close their accounts and give them their money back, they cannot hold it indefinitely without legal cause or reason. This would be similar to a bank teller freezing your accounts because your car has a "Romney 2012" sticker on it, and he/she supported Obama, that person would lose their job, lose the bank a customer, and depending on who they do it to, may lose some teeth.
I really enjoy the last line of this

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.