New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ballistic talk with Dr. Paul Maurer, MD

YES!!!

Another date at the Genesee Conservation League with Dr. Paul Maurer!

Dr. Paul Maurer
Ballistics and Wounding Effects of Handgun and Rifle Bullets

Dr Paul Maurer, Chief of the Division of Neurosurgery and surgical director of the Spine Center at Unity Park Ridge Hospital, will be at the Genesee Conservation League on November 12th from 7 until 9pm with a presentation on ballistics and wounding trauma.

Dr. Maurer has extensive experience both from working in the OR and in the field as a surgeon attached to military units in the Gulf War. His lectures on ballistics, explosive trauma, and others have been given to groups such as the US Air Marshall's Service, the FBI, many police agencies, as well as a whole host of other groups whose jobs or careers depend on information such as this.

The seminar is free of charge and is open to anyone that wishes to attend. You do not have to be a member of the Genesee Conservation League to come and enjoy Dr. Maurer's highly informative and energetic talk.

Please RSVP to 585-406-6758 or [email protected] to hold a seat.

Date: November 12th, 7pm to 9pm
1570 Old Penfield Rd
Cost: Free

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Definitely plan on making the trip up from Buffalo to attend. Thanks for keeping us informed!

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the doc pretty well and I know enough not to ask him to travel.......lol

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
It is worth the drive from syracuse. My dad drove from Rome and said it was worth it.
I'm going to drive out again for this. Well worth the time and drive. I'll probably bring some more Romans with me too.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scars: Hook up with Les and share the ride!

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
This is tomorrow. Four of us from Rome are making the trip out for this. Any forum members going to be there? I'd like to say hi to you in person if there are. I'll wear my black Albany College of Pharmacy hat so I can be recognized. Will be with Jeff too. I've been to one other of Dr. Maurer's talks, it was extremely interesting and informative. Hope to see some of you guys there. I know I'll say hi to Dave and thank him for setting another of these up.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Planning on making the trip tomorrow from the Lockport area with another forum member, "Ted". So the two of us should be there. Looking forward to the seminar as well as finally meeting some other NYF members.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can't wait to see everyone there again....

BTW...It's gonna be full!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.