New York Firearms Forum banner

Badger Bolt Knob Installation

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LDD 
#1 ·
#6 ·
The Badger is a decent upgrade from the standard Rem 700 knob (which I've always hated).

After handling several rifles with Badgers, I decided to go with something different;

EGW Tactical Oversized Bolt Knob Teardrop C-Beveled Matte - MidwayUSA

The issue I had with the Badger was that, with the tapered shape, I actually wound up putting the web of my hand/back of thumb where the knob met the shaft, which basically made the whole assembly shorter in effect.

I liked how the EGW had a beveled ring and "caught" my hand better and farther up, extending the shaft and resulting in more leverage. There's no issue with the Badger if you like to grab the knob like picking fruit, but I was taught to use the back of my thumb-- the additional engagement surface provided by that extra beveled ring the EGW provides is something I personally find useful (and a feature not included in the Badger knob).

It's personal, just like the trigger. Don't feel like you have to go with a Badger if do get an aftermarket bolt knob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.