New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sounds like a good shoot. For the love of God teach your children not to try to rob someones house.

Play stupid games with stupid prizes. This is a failure of their parents.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When are they going to start saying this for other crimes??
"Oh they were just playing the stab stab game! There was no need for that man to defend himself with a gun!"

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
When are they going to start saying this for other crimes??
"Oh they were just playing the stab stab game! There was no need for that man to defend himself with a gun!"
Dontcha know my baby is an angel. He only shot that man while robbing his garage because he felt threatened.

He don't need no jail time the dead homeowner shouldn't have had a gun.

BAN THE GUNS!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I dunno... on one hand, the garage in this instance is attached to the house - and depending on applicable case law to his state, it could be considered part of the dwelling. On the other hand, the homeowner went outside his house, shooting into the garage at a presumed target he couldn't see. At minimum - here in NY he'd be charged with reckless endangerment.

He also made comments to someone with the intent to shoot someone he found in there next time.

Man accused in deadly Missoula shooting appears in court | KPAX.com | Missoula, Montana

This guy has a very long uphill climb ahead of him.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Horrible situation, no matter what happens that homeowner is going to have to live with what he has done. I agree with castle laws you enter a mans home uninvited in the middle of the night, this is what happens , you don't want to get shot stay out of other people's homes. One things for sure , there will be no more "garage hopping" in that neighborhood .

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a good shoot. For the love of God teach your children not to try to rob someones house.

Play stupid games with stupid prizes. This is a failure of their parents.
Eh, hard to call it a good shoot, I don't know all the circumstances but I can say that it sounds like he did incriminate himself quite a bit, and leaving the garage door open a little after having been robbed 2x recently plus the loaded shotgun, sounds a bit like judge/jury/executioner to me..........

don't get me wrong I am all for people who play stupid games get stupid prizes....but you can't set up a stand at the fair offering stupid prizes to stupid people.......

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
All fun and games til somebody ventilates you for being a burglar and a thief.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Yeah, please keep in mind this is a NYT trash article. I thought it was a gun website, until

Article said:
Around midnight on April 27, a 17-year-old exchange student from Germany named Diren Dede left the host home where he played Xbox and drained cans of Sprite to set off with a friend through his dark hillside neighborhood
Irrelevant.

At that point I knew we were going downhill.

Can't say for sure if it was a good shoot or not, but active burglary of your residence IS justified here in NY under article 35.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Simple rule. Don't be a criminal. Is that hard to understand?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ok let's play a game.

Question #1. How many of us use to brake into our neighbors houses/garages growing up?
Question #2. How many of us are still alive?

A1. Never
A2. Still kickin'

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Its the Monday Morning Quarterback Syndrome, "he was a kid just amped up on sugar soda, he was a good boy".
We have all heard this before.

When i was a kid near Cleveland our house was vandalized a couple times, it was Terrifying!
Here is a Family man, with a new Kid and multiple robberies.
I dont think things were done perfectly, but the douche kid put that train in motion.

**** you, NY Times
**** you, Germany
**** you, Diren Dede

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Eh, hard to call it a good shoot, I don't know all the circumstances but I can say that it sounds like he did incriminate himself quite a bit, and leaving the garage door open a little after having been robbed 2x recently plus the loaded shotgun, sounds a bit like judge/jury/executioner to me..........

don't get me wrong I am all for people who play stupid games get stupid prizes....but you can't set up a stand at the fair offering stupid prizes to stupid people.......
There are always booths at fairs for stupid people to win stupid prizes....every booth at the fair is one. What he did is not something I would do or advocate, but I wouldnt say he is guilty of anything more than defending his home.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Ok let's play a game.

Question #1. How many of us use to brake into our neighbors houses/garages growing up?
Question #2. How many of us are still alive?

A1. Never
A2. Still kickin'
A1: Um never!
A2: Srill here typing away.

Apparently if you live a life outside of crime, you have a better chance to survive.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Play you gotta pay, May be he didn't understand ENGLISH. We have the right to protect ourselves and out Castle. No more fun & games for this nice kid, Poor boy.

Hey I wonder if the family wants to do a dove release for the idiot?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
If the kid was black, we'd be looking at a Trayvon Martin v2.0 right now.

Good thing all this one got us was international unrest!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
A good castle doctrine should be a deterrent for most to do stupid things. Going into someone's garage for "just beer" will definitely get you killed. If your up to no good, expect to pay some kind of penalty. Quite possibly with your life.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Play you gotta pay, May be he didn't understand ENGLISH. We have the right to protect ourselves and out Castle. No more fun & games for this nice kid, Poor boy.

Hey I wonder if the family wants to do a dove release for the idiot?
we could raise Funds for the Family by combining the the Dove release with a Dove Hunt...

but that might be a little insensitive?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts