New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this question's a little off the wall, I'm sure, but what do y'all do with bad ammo? I got a couple hundred rounds from my brother in law that he got from his brother. A couple dozen rounds were damaged and are not fit for use.

With .22 rounds, I usually pull the bullet out with a pair of pliers and make a trail of powder and light it. It's fun, and you get a little "pop" from the primer going off. Is this a valid way to safely dispose of bad ammo? Or should I look into other ways?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
This is something I'm interested in also, yet I need to get rid of larger rounds.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Dou you have a bullet puller?

· Registered
8,557 Posts
How many rounds are you talking here?

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Take them to a range or to the local PD and drop them off.

· Registered
983 Posts
At our range we have a can full of penetrating oil for placing dangerous rounds into. I've always heard that penetrating oil will soak in through the primer pocket and the crimp and disable the powder and primer.

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Bullet pullers are not expensive...I buy a lot of garage sale ammo that has been reloaded and pull the bullets so that I can reuse the brass. The powder goes on the flower bed, it is an excellent fertilizer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.