New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am looking for some input from the 'baby-glock' owners out there. I love the fit and feel of the 26 and 27, but I am not especially fond of my pinky hanging off the bottom of the gun.

For a little background - I am still in the permit process, and do not have possession of my gun yet. I chose the Glock 26 as my first. I want to add the magazine extensions to make the gun more comfortable. Do any of you have them? If so, what kind do you have? Any feedback? I know that some of them can cause the mag some problems locking into place, or can cause some pinching of the pinky.

I know that the mag from some other models will fit, and while I would like to know which ones, there are some concerns about the legalities of a mag with more than 10 rounds...

Any input you guys have would be appreciated!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Amazon.com: Pearce Grips Gun Fits GLOCK Model 26/27/33/39 Grip Extension: Sports & Outdoors
This is the exact one that i have on all my baby glock 26 magazines. No problems whatsoever and they do not pinch your skin as the fit snug against the base of the frame. I didnt get the "PLUS" version of this because my g26 is a work gun so i can't add rounds to it, technically i cant even had the ones i have but they overlook those. The only problem with the non-plus kind is that it makes it a lil uncomfortable to slam the mag in if your doing tactical reloads etc but for normal use or range use they are excellent.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Glock magazines are downwardly compatible. So if you have a G26, you can use G19, G17, and G18 magazines.

If you have G27, you can use G22 and G23 magazines. Same holds true for the .357 models and the G21/G30 to a lesser extent.

If you are limited to ten rounds, then there isn't much advantage to going with a larger-sized-but-still-10-round magazine. Insertion will be more positive, but that's about it.

You can try Pierce grips:

Pearce Grips

Which add a shelf to your ten round magazines by replacing the baseplate. This will eliminate that "pinky-hanging-off" grip (note that it does not increase the capacity of your magazine).

If you get a preban magazine (G17 or G19), you can get grip extenders which sleeve over the preban magazine and make the grip "flush."

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
You can run the G17 and G19 mags in the G26, and you can run the G22 and G23 mags in the G27. The mag adapters that OD posted work well to fill the gap.

The extensions that PD posted work well also. Just be aware that you cannot legally add the +1 or +2 extensions onto the G26 or G27 10-round mags.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The g27 mag is 9 rounds, so would it be legal to add a +1 extension?
Yes cause you cant have more than ten rounds so if its a 9 round mag the +1 is good to go.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You will get used to having your pinky under the mag. I find my grip and aim is better over time with it, but everyone is different. The only mod I have on my g26 is a ghost 3.5 trigger connector. Quick cheap upgrade that makes the trigger a little more crisp.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I hate mag extensions. My SR9c came with them but I run the flat floorplate on all of my magazines. The pinky curled underneath has not affected my shooting, I don't even find it uncomfortable. If you plan on conceal carrying (which I assume you are if you're going with the 26), you'll find grip length is your biggest enemy, so the flush magazines help you there too.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have the advantage arms .22 kit. It works but gun must be stock. It will not work with a ghost trigger connector. Cheap way to practice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been carrying a 26 for about 2 yrs now, with the Pearce extender. Much more comfortable than the dangling pinky thing. I installed it before I even shot the gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts