New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
There's already been a postponement in the NYSRPA case, at the request of NYSRPA, not the state. The new hearing date is 9/12.

Tom King told me that they wanted an opportunity to respond to the state's brief, but didn't have time to get it written and filed in time to meet court mandated deadlines, so they asked for the extension to accomodate it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
They do realize that we need something done before registration and the ammo background checks go through right? That is my personal deadline, I'm not sticking around if any of that BS comes to be.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
There's already been a postponement in the NYSRPA case, at the request of NYSRPA, not the state. The new hearing date is 9/12.

Tom King told me that they wanted an opportunity to respond to the state's brief, but didn't have time to get it written and filed in time to meet court mandated deadlines, so they asked for the extension to accomodate it.
Didn't know this little tidbit. My gut feeling is that the state will get smacked twice, once by the NYSRPA suit and a double down from the Tresmond suit. Of the lawsuits that have been thrown out so far, the pro 2A community was just probing the defenses. Seeing all the other crap coming down on Andy and Albany, they're in a world of hurt. No sympathy from me either.

We are NOT California.

The bad news, there will be a run on AR purchases in the future.

·
Registered
722 Posts
They do realize that we need something done before registration and the ammo background checks go through right? That is my personal deadline, I'm not sticking around if any of that BS comes to be.
Same deadline for me. Luckily, in February I will be moving to VA to take over a family business. I wasn't sure about taking it over (although I love the south, but the gun laws were essentially my deciding factor.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Does anyone know if there has been any change in the Tresmond suites?

I checked our Stickey for updates but I can't tell which cases are effected. Hope someone can give a definitive update on the cases that were scheduled for August and what it really means.

Thanls.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Same deadline for me. Luckily, in February I will be moving to VA to take over a family business. I wasn't sure about taking it over (although I love the south, but the gun laws were essentially my deciding factor.
Your family business hiring? My father lives in VA, beautiful state, great place to live other than it being god awful humid in the summer months.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Your family business hiring? My father lives in VA, beautiful state, great place to live other than it being god awful humid in the summer months.
Don't know at the moment. It's my uncle's commercial landscaping business and he had 1 daughter, who obviously isn't going to do landscaping, the other two have white collar jobs making good money, so I got offered the business. I'll keep you in mind though in all seriousness, just have to be a hard worker.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I agree. The days of cheap (or even any) ammo will be over. This alone will probably put a ton of shops and ranges out of business.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
like mentioned, im not too concerned until january of 2014 hits. i hope that this law will be killed before then. moving isnt an option so ill be stuck here fighting it for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This will get postponed until the registrations are in.That way if it does get smacked down,the state will still know where all the black killy machines guns are.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
like mentioned, im not too concerned until january of 2014 hits. i hope that this law will be killed before then. moving isnt an option so ill be stuck here fighting it for the foreseeable future.
Same here. I can't believe the state got another postponement. What the hell is this crap. What a joke our legal system is.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
This will get postponed until the registrations are in.That way if it does get smacked down,the state will still know where all the black killy machines guns are.
Not if you don't register. State has no way of knowing what you do and do not have.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Y'know it shouldn't even matter if the gov't knows who has what. It should be like:
"Want my gun? Okay you should send at least ten guys then."
"Why?"
"'Cause my gun holds eight rounds and has one bayonet."
Unfortunately most of us won't commit to that extent.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
This is so discouraging and total B.S. Guess I need to buy a small campsite in PA. where I can hide all my sh*t and PRETEND to have freedom.
Why do you say that? The NYSRPA *ASKED* for the delay, so that they could respond to the absurd brief filed by the state.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Modifying the firearms in question negates the registration requirement. With that said , register nothing!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re moving out-of-sate. I wonder what would happen if 100,000 gun owners in NY all of a sudden put "For Sale by Owner" signs in their yards? That might just collapse the real-estate market in NY. Might just get some attention in Albany.

NOTE you definitely should NOT try this with a real estate agent unless you are serious!!! If you back out they can sometimes force you to pay the commission as if the house was sold.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I bet that less then 5% of EBRs will be registered by the deadline.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts