New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, at what point do I need to be concerned with replacing parts that wear over use (not necessarily over time) and/or more likely to have failures?

I got my g19 in Sept 2011 and, generally speaking, I don't just go shoot a box at a time, more like 300-500 at a time. I have put at least 2500 rounds down range since I've had it (more like 2600).

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I may be way off base, but from what I've been able to gather, round count starts to come into play mostly with accuracy. You may start running into FTF or FTE at some point as well as parts begin to wear and no line up quite right anymore. But I wouldn't expect that to start until 10,000+, assuming you properly maintain your firearms.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I put Glock to the test... first cleaning was after the 1200 round mark. It was dirty as hell yes, still shot like it was brand new!

I put a lot of scrub time in to it and now clean it every 500 or so. I'm only doing the "every man" cleaning though, I was shown how to dismantle to the core, however I don't remember everything so I dare not mess with it, i'd rather take it to someone that knows what they are doing at that point

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
when and if the glock does just buy a new barrel and springs...under $200 new gun :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts