New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....you register in submitting a form....and they review it...and then they have to APPROVE it? What if its denied...your up **** creek with a gun you have to either destroy or sell out of state????

"A: If you submitted your form electronically, you will immediately receive an acknowledgement and tracking number (this is NOT confirmation that your registration has been approved). You will then be notified subsequently by e-mail and/or U.S. mail whether your registration was successful.
If you mailed in your form to the State Police, you will receive notification either through the e-mail address you provided, or, if no e-mail was provided, by mail.

In either case, please allow at least three business days for notification."

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Good reason not to register I'd say.

How much you wanna bet the plan is to just not approve any of them if they can get away with it?

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good reason not to register I'd say.

How much you wanna bet the plan is to just not approve any of them if they can get away with it?
and NOT provide reason...

I can see that now....

"sorry your application for your assault weapon baby killer gun of atomic death and doom was denied, and we are not required to further discuss this, thank you for your time and cooperation peon, as a State Police car will be by to take you to prison in the next 48 hours"

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
and NOT provide reason...

I can see that now....

"sorry your application for your assault weapon baby killer gun of atomic death and doom was denied, and we are not required to further discuss this, thank you for your time and cooperation peon, as a State Police car will be by to take you to prison in the next 48 hours"
It's gettin scary man, my wife and I have half the money I predict we will need saved up for moving.....trying to get the rest ASAP, I'm aiming to get out before anyone comes knocking on my door.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You people shouldn't own any of those scary guns anyway!

In all seriousness though, if you are crazy enough to register, I think that means "This does not mean we SUCCESSFULLY HAVE your acceptable registration.' Nothing to do with actually approving you for anything, but say you submit it illegibly. They will say they received it, bit it hasn't been approved.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's gettin scary man, my wife and I have half the money I predict we will need saved up for moving.....trying to get the rest ASAP, I'm aiming to get out before anyone comes knocking on my door.
thats what they are trying to do...scare the crap out of people into compliance or moving out of state.

unsure what my plans are. A year isnt much time to get your things in order to sell it all , much less to move. The registration thing doenst sound too hot either....shocker! lol

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
read in the paper today cuomo just nominated a new judged to the state court of appeals , a woman from manhattan which will make 4 of 7 ...sounds like prince andrew is stacking the deck if the lawsuits get to that level ...if the senate confirms she will replace judge jones from rockland co. who passed away last november

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are people really considering moving out of state? We gotta fight this or it's just gonna keep getting worse. I try to explain our side of the story to friends and family whenever the topic comes up. Try to do the same.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Well that is some total BS they want you to register your so called evil black rifle and it can take up to 3 days to get approve and then you might get denied.

This just proves one thing when you give all the info about your rifle and your name and address then you get denied they will come to your house and say hey where is your rifle that you tried to register and then you got denied,so now they will want proof that you no longer own or have the rifle..

This is where the confiscation and fines or prison time will come in if you get denied for trying to register your rifle even being a law abiding citizen who is just following the laws..

Well I say this there going to see a lot people saying go F your self I am not going to register my gun as your going to just deny me anyways from having my so called evil black rifle...

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Are people really considering moving out of state? We gotta fight this or it's just gonna keep getting worse. I try to explain our side of the story to friends and family whenever the topic comes up. Try to do the same.
I try to explain as much as possible, and I'm not gonna just pretend this isn't happening but I had to give away close to 10 thousand dollars in firearms and related accessories to avoid becoming a felon overnight, it is waiting for me in another state and I intended to get my property back, I'm lucky I had a friend who could hold it for me. Staying just isn't an option anymore, eventually NYS will be a wasteland of criminals, welfare cases and politicians scratching their heads going "Where did everyone go? Why is the crime so high? How come no one works and everyone is on welfare? How are we gonna get any tax revenue???"

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I try to explain as much as possible, and I'm not gonna just pretend this isn't happening but I had to give away close to 10 thousand dollars in firearms and related accessories to avoid becoming a felon overnight, it is waiting for me in another state and I intended to get my property back, I'm lucky I had a friend who could hold it for me. Staying just isn't an option anymore, eventually NYS will be a wasteland of criminals, welfare cases and politicians scratching their heads going "Where did everyone go? Why is the crime so high? How come no one works and everyone is on welfare? How are we gonna get any tax revenue???"
Stop it!!! Your making too much sense for NYS to handle!!!! Heresy!!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Wait....I don't remember anything in the new Law stating we had to get PERMISSION. Just simply notify NYS if we own what is now called an "Assault Weapon" based on their childish, illogical, and FUD criteria.

Hopefully the first person denied* is a law-abiding, responsible adult who can then ask Tresmond to file yet ANOTHER lawsuit against this ridiculous Law.
*Assuming, of course, that someone actually tries to register

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
What the hell? So they want you to register and then they reserve the right to DENY you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can be denied based on what criteria?
I wonder if they will try and confiscate any denied rifles.
Tresmond better win that case...

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you register your "assault weapon" there gonna run a background check on you to see if your legal to have it. If your not the there gonna deny you. This registration is also recurring, so your going to have to do it every 5 years just like guys that own pistols.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Or they could suddenly revoke it, and not tell you until they show up to get it at 10:30 PM in 3 cars and fully armed for an assault.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
This is a form of "Soft Confiscation" and History says------>Don't register!! and let's not be scared of our own shadows here people. Fight!!!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts