New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This guy can beat Cuomo after cuomo,s little meltdown speech . Im begining to like our odds better an better

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm a little bit optimistic because he won the county exec office in a democrat heavy county.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Read article did not see anything about 2nd.amendment repeal of Unsafe act..Has zero name recognition or funds to run . Our best choice ?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zero name recognition UPSTATE. Downstate he is known. Which is what we need. Upstate voters will vote for porky pig over Cuomo. Trump and paladino need to toss some cash into the mix and make him known to upstate voters. That'll garner the moderate vote.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Read article did not see anything about 2nd.amendment repeal of Unsafe act..Has zero name recognition or funds to run . Our best choice ?
Keep in mind, he has name recognition downstate which is where we need the most help, right? He won by a landslide in a blue county, and I think he will get a lot of financial support (hopefully trump will help him out too). I think we have a very good chance with Astorino, he may not be my first choice, or second for that matter if I had it my way, but I think he is going to be our BEST CHANCE at unseating cumo. He has previously stated that he is against the UNsafe Act so that is all we can hope for. NO one is going to repeal the safe act unless one of us got elected..

·
Registered
957 Posts
Astorino is also fluent in the Spanish language!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
It's about winning as a team not the individual egos of candidates in a primary. If the GOP has a primary, we're sunk. If a third party candidate runs we're sunk as well. NOW is the time for the potential candidates to put it out there and avoid the primary process, then all have to put down their differences and work together to throw the bastard out of Albany. And burn the damn newspapers that stick their noses in, print lies and otherwise stir the pot with intent of undermining democracy (Cuomo suck up shills.)

This is not a drill.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I will vote for a goat if it can beat Heir Cuomo and get us out from under this tyranny. Don't look for him to make a big deal out of doing anything about the SAFE ACT in public. He is trying to get votes downstate. Let him get elected first, like Obama did, and then take care of it in our favor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a question...Astorino is the County Executive of the County of Westchester, which is solidly blue (at least down county), and won in a Landslide...How did he do that? I ask this having grown up down there, and noting that Westchester is one of the counties that has had no resolution to oppose the SAFE act was even proposed much less passed. Does anyone have any idea where Astorino stands on Gun control? Because he could be another Stockholm syndrome Republican, and that would not help our cause.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Astorino is solid. He spoke at the annual Westchester County Firearms Owners dinner this year. He's smooth, well spoken and had a real record in this county to run on. Yeah, compared to Rick Perry he is a RINO, but given the political realities in this state I feel like he is a GREAT choice for Governor and might actually be able to give Cuomo a run for his money. I know he'd absolutely SMOKE Cuomo in a debate. Still, I feel like Cuomo is going to be hard to beat. He has an army of big government leeches behind him.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
If he decides to run we need to get behind him 100%. Yeah, he's no Steve McLaughlin but he's the best chance we got and always remember: ANYONE but Cuomo! We need to send a message that if you mess with us you lose your job. With the proper funding and support Astorino could just do this.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have a question...Astorino is the County Executive of the County of Westchester, which is solidly blue (at least down county), and won in a Landslide...How did he do that? I ask this having grown up down there, and noting that Westchester is one of the counties that has had no resolution to oppose the SAFE act was even proposed much less passed. Does anyone have any idea where Astorino stands on Gun control? Because he could be another Stockholm syndrome Republican, and that would not help our cause.
I know the man personally. He IS PRO2A. In my few conversations with the man he has told me a full repeal of the safe-act is unlikely since it is something a governor can not do by himself but it can be "chipped" away with amendments (his words). He won twice in this county by simply keeping his promises mainly lowering taxes for home owners. He can beat Cuomo at this point just needs $$$ to do so. FUAC

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I know the man personally. He IS PRO2A. In my few conversations with the man he has told me a full repeal of the safe-act is unlikely since it is something a governor can not do by himself but it can be "chipped" away with amendments (his words). He won twice in this county by simply keeping his promises mainly lowering taxes for home owners. He can beat Cuomo at this point just needs $$$ to do so. FUAC
I know he can't repeal unsafe but how can he dismantle it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts