1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Wow. What a great way to leave out a LOT of information. Was it a legal gun? Did he own it and have a permit for it but she didn't? I love D&C's reporting skills, or lack there of.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. What a great way to leave out a LOT of information. Was it a legal gun? Did he own it and have a permit for it but she didn't? I love D&C's reporting skills, or lack there of.
- the390.com

Little more info here..... states he has a prior crime conviction and does not have a permit.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
"A Geneseo man was arrested on illegal gun charges"
"Avedisian was charged Tuesday with criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, a class D felony"

The husband was charged, therefore it can be assumed that it was his, not hers, there is no permit (because if there was, I doubt he'd be charged with a crime), and she unknowningly took the car back

There really isn't a reporting skills issue so much as a reading/comprehension issue on your end

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
"A Geneseo man was arrested on illegal gun charges"
"Avedisian was charged Tuesday with criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, a class D felony"

The husband was charged, therefore it can be assumed that it was his, not hers, there is no permit (because if there was, I doubt he'd be charged with a crime), and she unknowningly took the car back

There really isn't a reporting skills issue so much as a reading/comprehension issue on your end
Not really, but thanks for trying. John Q Public is going to read it exactly the same way I did. WHY was it illegal? That was blatantly NOT in the article, just that it WAS illegal.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
From the article on YNN.
"...Officers say he owned the gun illegally because Avedisian has a prior conviction for a crime, and does not have a pistol permit...."

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
From the article on YNN.
"...Officers say he owned the gun illegally because Avedisian has a prior conviction for a crime, and does not have a pistol permit...."
Thanks. It's tough to get the full story from one publication, which is part of the problem.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I was trying to find the name of the Rental agency, to avoid using them. I would expect a courtesy call telling me I left something in the car.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you're forgetful enough to absentmindedly leave a handgun someplace, or lose it altogether, you definitely should not own one in the first place.

Whether it's legal and registered or illegal, how do you just misplace a firearm?

How careless can ya be....

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you're forgetful enough to absentmindedly leave a handgun someplace, or lose it altogether, you definitely should not own one in the first place.

Whether it's legal and registered or illegal, how do you just misplace a firearm?

agreed

·
Registered
859 Posts
I know of a guy who sold a car to someone down state and it still had his Glock locked under the front seat. NYSP held onto it and gave it back to him. He didnt loose his permit or his FFL; kinda makes you wonder.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

I hear ya but every once in the while after I come home I am wondering where I left it

·
Registered
419 Posts

How's this one for careless:

Keystone cops: Officers leave loaded rifle unattended on trunk of patrol car...then drives away with gun STILL in place
By Daily Mail Reporter UPDATED: 06:56 EST, 29 June 2011
This is the shocking picture of a fully loaded assault rifle left unattended on the trunk of patrol car in a busy Seattle street.The bungling officers were nowhere to be seen after leaving the AR-15 on the trunk of their patrol car outside a busy hotel and shopping street on Monday night.

Shockingly, after the officers returned, they failed to notice the menacing rifle and drove off.
It was only after a woman chased the car as it drove away, that the officers realised their mistake.

Passer-by Nick Gonzales, who photographed the shocking scene above, also alerted two bike cops after seeing the rifle at around 9 pm Monday night, describing them as being 'shocked as hell'.

The article has a photo:

Keystone cop: Officer leaves loaded rifle on boot of patrol car...then drives away with gun STILL there | Mail Online

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
How's this one for careless: Keystone cops: Officers leave loaded rifle unattended on trunk of patrol car...then drives away with gun STILL in place By Daily Mail Reporter UPDATED: 06:56 EST, 29 June 2011 This is the shocking picture of a fully loaded assault rifle left unattended on the trunk of patrol car in a busy Seattle street.The bungling officers were nowhere to be seen after leaving the AR-15 on the trunk of their patrol car outside a busy hotel and shopping street on Monday night. Shockingly, after the officers returned, they failed to notice the menacing rifle and drove off. It was only after a woman chased the car as it drove away, that the officers realised their mistake. Passer-by Nick Gonzales, who photographed the shocking scene above, also alerted two bike cops after seeing the rifle at around 9 pm Monday night, describing them as being 'shocked as hell'. The article has a photo: Keystone cop: Officer leaves loaded rifle on boot of patrol car...then drives away with gun STILL there | Mail Online
I thought this had to have happened on a dark night for them to not see it when they got back in the car. Wow.

·
Registered
239 Posts
How's this one for careless:

Keystone cops: Officers leave loaded rifle unattended on trunk of patrol car...then drives away with gun STILL in place
By Daily Mail Reporter UPDATED: 06:56 EST, 29 June 2011
This is the shocking picture of a fully loaded assault rifle left unattended on the trunk of patrol car in a busy Seattle street.The bungling officers were nowhere to be seen after leaving the AR-15 on the trunk of their patrol car outside a busy hotel and shopping street on Monday night.

Shockingly, after the officers returned, they failed to notice the menacing rifle and drove off.
It was only after a woman chased the car as it drove away, that the officers realised their mistake.

Passer-by Nick Gonzales, who photographed the shocking scene above, also alerted two bike cops after seeing the rifle at around 9 pm Monday night, describing them as being 'shocked as hell'.

The article has a photo:

Keystone cop: Officer leaves loaded rifle on boot of patrol car...then drives away with gun STILL there | Mail Online

The department could have totally played it off as if it was left there intentionally, as a sting operation to see if anyone would try and steal it.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I was trying to find the name of the Rental agency, to avoid using them. I would expect a courtesy call telling me I left something in the car.
Yeah. sorry. I'm a gun person, but if I was working at a rental agency and found a gun in the car I'd call the cops too. If you are irresponsible enough to leave that lying in a car, you don't deserve any courtesy call.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts