New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARMED GUARDS WITH AR-15′s Save North St. Louis Businesses From Looters | The Gateway Pundit

Ferguson Riots: North County Business Owners (Some Armed) Survey the Damage | Riverfront Times

Nobody is robbing St. Louis Ink Tattoo Studio anytime soon. Or County Guns, for that matter. The two north-county businesses share a storefront in a Florissant strip mall less than ten minute drive from the epicenter of last night's riots in Ferguson. After nightfall, what began as a community's peaceful demonstration against the Ferguson Police Department's shooting of unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown turned increasingly violent. Crowds plundered a QuikTrip and burned it to the ground, and local news began reporting brazen raids on other stores in the area.
After hearing of the roving bands of looters, Mike Gutierrez knew he had to protect his tattoo shop. He brought a posse with him, including Adam Weinstein, owner of County Guns, who was acutely worried about criminals getting their hands on his merchandise.
"We didn't want them coming in here and then running around with a bunch of free guns," Weinstein told Daily RFT when we arrive at the store around 12:30 a.m. this morning. Weinstein was outfitted with an assault rifle, pistol and tactical vest. Gutierrez cradled his own rifle in his hands.
Shannon Watts has not commented on this article.

Hey Andy,
the Second Amendment is
NOT ABOUT DEER HUNTING.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Protect your own because no one else is going to do it for you... Family and Friends (Blood and Sweat) are only backup you need.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
"a ten minute drive away" Were they ever really in danger?
Probably not, but I don't imagine you'd be waiting by idly and unarmed if this chit were 10 minutes from your door. ;)

Once the burnin' and lootin' commences, you're on your own, the cavalry isn't coming.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
And the MD circut court judge said " that she had a hard time believing that AR,s had been used lawfully for anything other than mass murders " . I hope she is reading the news today cause it sure looks to me that this is very lawful . Protecting your business from looters ! Way to go guys !

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
"a ten minute drive away" Were they ever really in danger?
It said less than a ten minute drive ! Could be five or could be three . I'm not there but it sounds like they had their strip mall under control !

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Reminds me of the Korean store owners during the LA Riots. History does repeat itself.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
And the MD circut court judge said " that she had a hard time believing that AR,s had been used lawfully for anything other than mass murders " . I hope she is reading the news today cause it sure looks to me that this is very lawful . Protecting your business from looters ! Way to go guys !
Yeah but she specified "in Maryland." Because apparently the laws of self-defense AND reason stop at state borders.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like the guy on the right has a hi-point carbine. Proving once again that the best gun for self defense is the one you have. And also proving the media doesn't know much about guns.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Less than 10 minutes drive from the epicenter but spilled over to their front door.
From the article:
"Gutierrez, Weinstein and their group arrived to find thieves tearing through a Dollar General in the same strip mall that houses their business. Weinstein says the looters attempted moving toward the shop, but were scared off by the guns. Then the police arrived."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts