New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police Shoot Black Lab, Through Window, Claimed it Was a "Lunging Pit bull" | The Free Thought Project

First comment below the article:And if an average citizen with pistol permit is just walking down the street doing nothing illegal and a K-9 units dog attacks them unprovoked and the person shoots and kills the dog in self defense, they go to prison for killing a cop.
I would add: Any person who shoots any dog would be arrested for discharge of a firearm within village or city limits. Tyranny is that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the subjects.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
There will be a contingent on here that will defend the actions of this 'officer." Just wait for it in 3....2....1....

·
Registered
805 Posts
If it's not in their training already, officers need to be taught about recognizing different dog breeds and their behavior so this could hopefully be avoided all together. Senseless loss. Labs are generally very friendly dogs.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Who cares what breed this dog was? He was in a freaken car! How is the officer in danger?

One of those super dogs that is going to crash through the window at the site of law enforcement!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
DO NOT wear a pit bull "T" shirt!

·
Registered
5,053 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
WTF. And this one?

An Idaho officer captured on a police dash cam was cleared of wrongdoing after shooting and killing a man's service dog outside a 9-year-old's birthday party last February. The video showed the officer kicking at the dog several times before opening fire
Read more at Police Shoot Black Lab, Through Window, Claimed it Was a "Lunging Pit bull" | The Free Thought Project
Yeah, I just saw that one. After shooting the dog, he was a serious Dick to the owner! "Shut up, show me ID or you're going to jail!"

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
If it's not in their training already, officers need to be taught about recognizing different dog breeds and their behavior so this could hopefully be avoided all together. Senseless loss. Labs are generally very friendly dogs.
Like some cops do with humans? This is an ignorant post.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Not defending the shooting of the dog, but do note that the window is open. I have, on more than one occasion, encountered a dog who is snapping, snarling, and growling at anything that walks past the open car window.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Breed shouldn't matter. It is the behavior of the dog that matters and the ability of that dog to actually inflict harm based on other facts. This situation certainly doesn't appear to involve a dog that had the ability to inflict harm, regardless of breed or even viciousness.

FYI... in 3,2,1, there will be a contingent who will ignore everything certain cops say else allow their echo chamber to be intruded upon...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Like some cops do with humans? This is an ignorant post.
The way I wrote that could have been better. There was no threat to the officer since the dog was inside the vehicle. I was just mentioning that officers should get a little training about dogs since not all officers had a dog when they were growing up, and might be afraid of them. Obviously this particular officer was an idiot for doing what he did.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Dog should have just done what it was TOLD!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
WTF. And this one?

An Idaho officer captured on a police dash cam was cleared of wrongdoing after shooting and killing a man's service dog outside a 9-year-old's birthday party last February. The video showed the officer kicking at the dog several times before opening fire
Read more at Police Shoot Black Lab, Through Window, Claimed it Was a "Lunging Pit bull" | The Free Thought Project
man, that video of that douchebag shooting that dog like that really gets me pissed off... let a stranger walk onto his property and shoot his dog and see what he thinks... ****ing scumbag!

and he was cleared of wrong doing.... what a surprise. i hope karma catches up with mother****ers like that.

Btw, where the hell was his pepper spray?!

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I'm sorry officer. Let's start over. I really sorry for beating the living **** out of you. But last time a cop touched me I ended up having nightmares for many months if not years. So I decided to beat the **** out of you.

Really acceptable isn't it?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Breed shouldn't matter. It is the behavior of the dog that matters and the ability of that dog to actually inflict harm based on other facts. This situation certainly doesn't appear to involve a dog that had the ability to inflict harm, regardless of breed or even viciousness.

FYI... in 3,2,1, there will be a contingent who will ignore everything certain cops say else allow their echo chamber to be intruded upon...
I agree, breed does not matter at ALL. I have two rescue dogs; ones a rotti and the other is a pit/boxer mix. Both were not supposed to be around other dogs and not only do they live together, they LOVE other dogs and people, cats, my family's horses, chickens, etc. Breed is not a factor.... unless its people where the breed known as the "Folk of the Corn-hole" seem to be running amuck.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Shoot my little buddy and you will become the hunted, thats a promise.

My dog has invisible fence, he will bark at you (never growls) to get your attention, he is telling you that he wants you to come over and pet him. Walk towards him and he will start whining and wagging with full body motion.

Beagle/Springer

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Ear

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.