New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for EarthLink. We are actively hiring Technical Projects Managers. My HR dept. tells me they are having a hard time finding quality candidates. I am posting this out of survival, I need some help! I am directly involved in the screening & hiring of new candidates. We have lots of "gun guys" at the office.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
SRV1, you should go for it anyway. You can't hit a homerun if you don't swing the bat. Besides, I believe you can do anything you put your mind to.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'd be interested. Except no college degree. Didn't feel like taking BS classes to get a piece of paper that says "You payed enough attention to pass the tests but still might not know what you're doing since we don't test real world applications."

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who said the position required a 4 year degree? Project Management experience is required. Technical background very helpful.

Too bad since I do not have a four year degree cause I could use a job like that! LOL!

James

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Is there an online listing that describes the position, location, qualifications needed, etc. in a bit more detail?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is more information. EarthLink Careers - Search

Overview:
The MSP Provision On-Board Project Manager/Cloud Implementation Project Manager is the forefront client-facing member of a cross-functional technical team and serves as both the primary consultant and project lead for new managed and cloud service implementations. The PM is the primary project expert ensuring all business and project goals are met while also managing all aspects of client communication, project plan, schedules, deliverables, and resource allocation. The right person for this job is highly motivated with strong organizational, written and verbal communications skills, planning and problem solving skills.
Responsibilities:

• Manages multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
  • Serves as the primary contact and consultant to clients.
  • Develops scalable tools, processes, and best practices needed for project success.
  • Leads project teams to ensure deadlines and customer services expectations are met.
  • Manages all activities within project teams to ensure progress is sustained and project goals are fulfilled.
  • Effectively communicates and controls project scope, schedules, assignments, and open issues with all project stakeholders.
  • Proactively predicts and communicates issues/risks and consults with clients and team members to find solutions.
  • Exercises authority to make decisions and resolve disputes; resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
  • Reviews and analyzes outgoing proposals to ensure proposed solutions are technologically feasible, in-line with established best practices, and will meet client expectations.
  • Acts as the project expert retaining and communicating all project history.
  • Assist team in identifying/closing revenue growth and upsell opportunities.
Qualifications:
Required Skills/Competencies:

• 3+ years of experience in project management
  • Capable of managing multiple tasks in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
  • Mastery of accepted project management practices.
  • Strong analytical, planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
  • Independent thinking and decision making skills.
  • Basic negotiation skills.
  • Strong understanding of managed IT services, IT security, Networking, Systems and Cloud Computing & Virtualization.
  • Broad understanding of Managed Services and Virtualization Infrastructures.
  • Sales and consulting experience preferred.
  • Experience with VMware, Firewall, Citrix, SAN, AV, Asset Management and other security technologies a plus
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
About EarthLink:
About us:
EarthLink, Inc (NASDAQ: ELNK) is a leading provider of Internet Protocol (IP) infrastructure and services to medium-sized and large businesses, enterprise customers, and over 1.6 million customer relationships across the United States. We've been providing Internet access and communications services for decades and have earned an award-winning reputation for both outstanding customer service and product innovation. Our EarthLink Business™ division provides a full complement of voice, data, mobile and equipment services over a 28,000 mile fiber network and MPLS-based services nationwide. EarthLink Consumer is a leading Internet Service Provider connecting people to the power and possibilities of the Internet.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts