New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just read the text of the SAFE legislation and think I see in sect 23 C (definition of high-capacity mags) an exemption for rimfire and 22 pistols (10 OK), along with 50+ year old mags and guns.

Has anyone seen any discussion of this? I searched and could not find any current threads. (Also, I have tried to copy and paste the section, but keep getting some internal forum board warning that my tag is over 25 characters..)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The tube-feed (to my knowledge) are like the you have with a lever action model 94, model 92, etc..except semi-auto of course. Remington, Marlin, several brands have, or at least had, these little .22 semi autos. Otherwise if it is a detachable magazine, governor cockwasher wants it registered.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes, tube fed are generally rifles, instead of a detachable mag, they have a tube with a rod that you fill with cartridges and then the rod holds them in place. Usually 14 or so shots. Look up a Marlin 60, and you'll get an idea. That's an example of a semi auto with a tube, but many are also levers or bolt action.

As far as I understand the 50+ guns, yes you can obtain them still after NYSafe. BUT, both the gun and the magazine over 7 rounds will have to be registered with the NYSP. Replicas of old firearms are not covered, so be able to prove it's manufacture date. This is true for gun and mag. So you can't have a 50yr old Colt AR15 and a modern mag...gun would be ok, mag would be a felony.

It's hard to give you any more info on that until we see how the registration process is developed.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
To be exempt all criteria must be met:

1) Attached.

2) Tubular.

3) .22 Rimfire.

Missing one and it is not exempt. Some people think it's just for detachable mags, that isn't true, and it wasn't true before this act. I've heard the 50 year thing before, but haven't seen the penal code on it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
;413231 said:
OK, what's the definition of "tube feed?" Don't understand if that is different from grip-mount mag.
Tube fed guns are tube fed guns that are fed by a tube that's attached to the guns action which is fed by a tube underneath a barrel that shoots bullets that were previously fed by a tube. :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
To be exempt all criteria must be met:

1) Attached.

2) Tubular.

3) .22 Rimfire.

Missing one and it is not exempt. Some people think it's just for detachable mags, that isn't true, and it wasn't true before this act. I've heard the 50 year thing before, but haven't seen the penal code on it.
Awwwwww.....dad's tube-fed, lever action .32 rimfire's illegal now.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Awwwwww.....dad's tube-fed, lever action .32 rimfire's illegal now.
.32 rimfire? Wow, never even knew rimfires existed outside of .22 and .17. :D Really do learn something everyday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.