New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm makeing this thread so everyone doesn't have to scroll through the main thread about the range and find out what's going on. As some may know the ardsley shooting range in westchester county is in the spotlight due to a ''possible stray bullet'' hitting a person outside the range. There is going to be a meeting tomorrow at the townhall to try and close the range if anyone is free tomarrow night and can attend i'm sure the range would appreciate the support. The meeting is suppose to be at 8pm at the town hall near the range. I encourage everyone to spread the word and help out this range the more support they get the better.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Can someone post the correct Town Hall address info? There are lots of them; just to be certain the effort is not a lost cause.

Greenburgh Town Hall
177 Hillside Avenue, Greenburgh
Exit 4 or 5 depending on direction of travel off of I-287

Is this the location???

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Feiner to Introduce legislation. Looking at his history, this is right up his alley. Fresh off the press in the midnight hour:
Feiner to introduce legislation on Greenburgh gun ranges

They want to keep the noise below 65 db at the property line. That could be difficult with an outdoor range. 65 db is the quietest car on the highway at highway speed. They are proposing 75 db if its adjacent to industrial property. You need to make the thing an indoor range then.

They want to keep any range including existing ranges 1/4 mile from schools, residences, church, playground, etc. Hard to pick up and move a range.

Hours of operation - Sunrise to Sunset. That will suck in the winter time, but then again, maybe it's too cold in the dead of winter anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.