New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just built a lower from PSA with PSA LPK. Took gun to range today and the trigger would not reset after each round was fired. I had to use the safety selector switch and flip it on and off to reset the trigger. I took apart trigger group and noticed the disconnector spring was really tight. I know it is supposed to be wider on one end, but It was literally stuck in there. I bent it smaller a bit and the issue seems to have gotten better, at least during function checks. Should I just buy a new spring? It is rather annoying that it keeps happening. It is down to every 5 shots or so now that it does not reset.

Any ideas or comments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Buy a Timney trigger!
I really like these triggers I will have to buy 2 of them if I can find a good price on them..

Here is video on how to install one,I love the idea of the trigger pull go from a 6lb. to a 3lbs Chris maybe you trigger pull definitely will help with target shooting..

Chis if you can afford one I go with a trigger kit..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like these triggers I will have to buy 2 of them if I can find a good price on them..

Here is video on how to install one,I love the idea of the trigger pull go from a 6lb. to a 3lbs trihris maybe you trigger pull definitely will help with target shooting..

Chis if you can afford one I go with a trigger kit..
That video really makes me want one.

Or just get an alg act trigger...60$ for a good Milspec trigger
Any idea how the ALG compares to the standard trigger in the basic LPK?

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Make sure that spring is in there right-side up and also that you have the hammer spring on correctly. Both can cause this issue.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
That video really makes me want one.

Any idea how the ALG compares to the standard trigger in the basic LPK?
Yeah me too just do not know if I want this one http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=TM661S&src=tpMfg or this one http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=TM667S&src=tpMfg there pretty much both the same except the way the trigger looks and of course I love the sharp looking skeleton one..The worst part is I would have to buy 2 of them..Might have to buy my self another Christmas gift for myself again,lol

Here is a long video but it may help you choose what is right for you if you can not afford the Timney Trigger.

Edit: can anyone tell me should I go with the 3lb. or .4lb pull for the Timney Trigger?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah me too just do not know if I want this one http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=TM661S&src=tpMfg or this one http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=TM667S&src=tpMfg there pretty much both the same except the way the trigger looks and of course I love the sharp looking skeleton one..The worst part is I would have to buy 2 of them..Might have to buy my self another Christmas gift for myself again,lol

Here is a long video but it may help you choose what is right for you if you can not afford the Timney Trigger.

Edit: can anyone tell me should I go with the 3lb. or .4lb pull for the Timney Trigger?
Thanks. Both of those are 2 stage right? Not sure if I want to stick with single stage or not.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Thanks. Both of those are 2 stage right? Not sure if I want to stick with single stage or not.
From what I have seen on the web a Timney Trigger is 1 stage and the ALG is 2 stage..Most factory stock AR's come as a 2 stage trigger from my understanding..

Here is another video that explains the diffeerence in 2 stage vs 1 stage triggers..

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Sorry all I got to add is FUAC.

I mean seriously, I've got alot invested in good triggers. For what, so they can be moth balled until we get our rights back. FUAC. FU.

/rant

Carry on.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry all I got to add is FUAC.

I mean seriously, I've got alot invested in good triggers. For what, so they can be moth balled until we get our rights back. FUAC. FU.

/rant

Carry on.
Now I am going to have to invest in a good trigger. Especially after seeing what I am missing out on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts