New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so anyone in Orange County successfully add an AR pistol yo their permit? If you could please give me a rundown of steps. I’ve read a bunch of posts but so many people saying different things. I do already have a couple of lowers but I see some people saying that a caliber has to be on the receipt when purchased. Some say no. So I’m a little confused. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so anyone in Orange County successfully add an AR pistol yo their permit? If you could please give me a rundown of steps. I’ve read a bunch of posts but so many people saying different things. I do already have a couple of lowers but I see some people saying that a caliber has to be on the receipt when purchased. Some say no. So I’m a little confused. Thanks
I have it on Orange cty, Listed as .223 cal- from ffl receipt. Anderson lower. Had it on for many years. Mine is a Build also. 🇺🇸

·
Registered
1 Posts
A caliber does have to be listed
The lower of the ar will have a caliber stamped on it

I can't tell you about orange but I just did it in Sullivan county the lower said MULTI on it but my county clerk's office told me multi was not a caliber they can list but if I wanted I was able to submit the same serial number multiple times with all the calibers I plan to use and they would list each one on my permit. Luckily .223/5.56 were one caliber in the computer so that's all I needed

Anyhow I submitted the receipt from the dealer that stated multi and on the write in form that you need to send with it I listed the caliber I will be using

·
Registered
37 Posts
im in Erie county - but my permit says 5.56 on it.
When picking up the lower from FFL they needed to know barrel length and caliber...however the barrel length isn't printed on the permit, so I'm not certain why they need that

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im in Erie county - but my permit says 5.56 on it.
When picking up the lower from FFL they needed to know barrel length and caliber...however the barrel length isn't printed on the permit, so I'm not certain why they need that
They were probably just trying to cover themselves lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts