New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Color filled the lower lastnight and ordered a Fulton armoury lpk with custom pistol grip and then went to spikes and ordered there battle trigger and anti rotation dog bone set cant wait ill post pics of color fill later
Is the magpaul prs worth the 250 still trying to figure out the stock I want I do plan on building several uppers for it from 5.56 NATO up to 300 blackout but or .308

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
As far as the PRS goes... That really depends on your goals for the rifle. I know you're considering doing a bunch of different calibers, and I'm assuming each will have a different "task" such as longer range, plinking, etc... The thing about the PRS is it's effing heavy. I wanna say it's 2.5lbs for the stock alone, without buffer, tube, and spring. For reference, my complete lower from AST that I just finished building w/ a Magpul STR stock weighs 2lb 7oz. That's for the lower, LPK, stock, buffer, tube, and spring.

I had a PRS on my LR-308 and while it was nice because it had adjustable LOP and comb (I believe that's the correct term), between the weight of the stock and the heavy 24" stainless barrel, the gun was limited to bench rest use only.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol what ever I do it will be lighter then the M-1 garand I use now thanks for the info though

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Whatever you do take it in small doses. Alternative uppers are addictive. Remember, there is a fine line between hobby and insanity and I know a few have crossed that line! LOL!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
2012-04-02_06-26-36_300.jpg
Color fill and lpk and pistol grip with thumb rest is shipped still havent heard from spikes on trigger , trigger guard and dog bones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts