New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to adjust my stock to get it shorter and pinned it since its to long for my taste anyway after finally got the screww out i discovered that its the shortest i can go:( ........well i guess i have to buy a new shorter buffer tube and im interested on the Magpul CTR but till then do i have any other option? anything else that i need?

here some pics i just took few minutes ago

overall length

Butt??lol

Stock takin off

preffered length

·
Registered
591 Posts
that's a long buffer tube ha ha if you want to make it shorter you need a shorter tube that's all it really sums up to unless you go hacksaw and welder on your buffer tube which i wouldn't recommend

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a long buffer tube ha ha if you want to make it shorter you need a shorter tube that's all it really sums up to unless you go hacksaw and welder on your buffer tube which i wouldn't recommend
Do i also need anything else? or can i just get any buffer tube? milspec?commercial spec? and used the stock i have for now? any links what to get and help will be appreciated sorry newb here!! thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
that kit looks like it has everything you need but just remember your stock cannot be collapsible it has to have that pin in place and the only way to be able to collapse the stock is to remove said pin otherwise you can get in serious trouble

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that kit looks like it has everything you need but just remember your stock cannot be collapsible it has to have that pin in place and the only way to be able to collapse the stock is to remove said pin otherwise you can get in serious trouble
thanks!!! im aware of the adustable stock and will deffinitely pin it;) can i DIY replacing the Buffer tube and what tools do i need or i have to take it to a gunsmith?

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
thanks!!! im aware of the adustable stock and will deffinitely pin it;) can i DIY replacing the Buffer tube and what tools do i need or i have to take it to a gunsmith?
If you want to bring it over to my place you can use my stock wrench if you don't have one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you want to bring it over to my place you can use my stock wrench if you don't have one.
Thanks Rich ill deffinitely keep it in mind!!! i gotta get everything 1st the buffer tube and might get a magpul ASAP so i can get it done in 1 shot hehehe and maybe a Magpul CTR!!! dammit this thing is a costly hobby!!!lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts