New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who has receiver shims for the AR10?.
The darn Troy barrel nut will not properly index on this one.
Fulton, Brownells had them before but cannot find them anymore.
I never needed one before but I love where the feedramps are right now and how it all fits so I am going to try a shim
.... if I can find one!

Thanks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thought I had a link for what you needed bui it was different part..

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
If I were having that problem I would call troy and get a new barrel nut. I feel your pain. When the nut hits the end and you're nowhere near the next hole it puts a damper on your build.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I thought the idea was to skim cut the shoulder on the barrel extension or face of the receiver, not shim the nut?

Just to ask, are you getting up beyond 80ft/lb when trying to align and are you using moly grease on the threads and doing the tighten/loosen 3x before going for final torque and alignment?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the idea was to skim cut the shoulder on the barrel extension or face of the receiver, not shim the nut?

Just to ask, are you getting up beyond 80ft/lb when trying to align and are you using moly grease on the threads and doing the tighten/loosen 3x before going for final torque and alignment?
Hi,
Yes the threads are propoerly lubed and have been tighten/loosen several times. The ramps and extension are exactly where I want them so I wanted to use a shim here.
Many Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Cool.

You know I just gotta ask these things now and again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts