New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Karma is for real. But the theme is April Fools.

What you might win:

Preban Adventureline 30 round magazine, original black follower replaced with Magpul Gen3 yellow follower.

Nothing out-of-spec with this magazine, other than it's butt-ugly. But you probably won't notice when you're pumping out 30 rounds at a time.

Eligibility & Rules for Entry:

1) You must be a member of NYfirearms.com, with at least one post, prior to 4/12/12.

2) Post in this thread. Multiple replies are ok, but you'll only be entered once, no matter how many times you post.

3) In your post, give us a story about how something gun-related that you bought turned out differently than you thought it would (lemon, or serindipity).

4) Karma will close on 4/16/12 at the time of my choosing. Winner will be notified by PM and post announcement between 4/16/12-4/17/12.

5) Winner must reply with valid USPS address within 24 hours of notification or another winner will be drawn.

6) Previous Karma winners are eligible to enter.

7) Once you receive your magazine please reply to this thread saying you received your winnings.

8) Offer good only where legal.

Good luck to all entrants and remember to follow the rules or your entry will be disqualified.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Only lemon story i got is a Rugar 22 loader i bought this thing was supposed to fill all Rugar mags i messed with the darn thing for at least an hour could not get one bullet to load?
need less to say it went back

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm in. Can' think of a lemon story, but I bought a Keltec P3AT and I hate it! To darn small for me, no more pocket pistols!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I bought my AR (M4 type) and along with it a $250 Leupold scope. Not horribly expensive, but it is a lot for a scope for me. Turned out to be a lemon at first because I realized I wanted the gun to be more "run and gun" as opposed to benchrest, but then it turned out OK because I put it on my Remington 597 (and yes it cost more than the gun itself) and that is my most accurate shooter now. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My lemon is 3 used USGI mags I bought. They were well used and wider then spec at the top and wouldn't even fit into the mag well. I "fixed" them with a 2x4 and a mallet :D They probably won't see much use except for some slow fire, assuming they even feed correctly.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
LDD....you rock!! Please count me in. Lemons.....I have yet to have a lemon gun or gun story, as luck would have it. But, If I do win, I will use the mag to put 30 holes in some lemons at the range and make some high lead content lemonade.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Woo Hoo!

My lemon is a Marlin 99 that I got for $75. It worked good until I replaced the buffer. Now I can't get through a tube of ammo without a jam. I should have left well enough alone.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
A long time ago I bought a Bryco/Jennings 380. What a piece of crap. I keep it as a reminder to never buy a cheap gun again.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Bought an Aimpoint once ('02 or '03) online, turned out it wasn't an Aimpoint but a China-knockoff, after a hassle I got my money back.
I hate knockoffs.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I bought a crappy DSarms AR upper from a buddy for $250. To my surprise when he brought it over it had Daniel Defense EZ CAR 7.0 hand guards, a tapco VFG and a removable carry handle sight mounted in the flat top. LOTTO

P.S. fishdude If you still have that kel tec I'm on the market for a pocket pistol ;)

Thank you Daniel!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I went with a wheel gun after I got my permit because the mantra at the time was semi autos were too complicated for a newbie to run. So I reluctantly took everybody's advice and went for a Smith & Wesson Model 60 in stainless steel. New in box. Damn thing had intermittent FTFs everytime I tried shooting it. Everyone was saying it was me or the ammo I was buying because that never happened on a wheel gun and certainly not a S&W. Went back three times before they finally got it right. Timing was off and S&W needed to replace a bunch of parts. Very frustrating but it runs good now. Like my Glock much better ;)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I bought my daughter a mossberg tactical .22, and the first shot, blew a chunk out of the side. Took her weeks to want to shot again. Now she is building her first AR.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Years ago, before shooting with a buddy, I bought a 25 shot magazine for his 10/22. Thought it would be fun. That piece of junk jammed so many times we finally quit trying to use it. What a disappointment!

·
Registered
913 Posts
karma is awesome. one time i bought 500 rounds off .223 from a guy they were all boxed up he pulled out one pack of 20 to show me how they looked. they were brand new. the other 480 rounds were all water damaged. looked like they were submerged for days. ended up selling for reloads for $50 :(

·
Registered
664 Posts
Taurus 24/7 pro .45 ACP. worst handgun I ever owned. Fail to feed and lots of jams. Tried all kinds of ammo and other things. Sent it back to Taurus twice. Finally traded it in on a glock. Kinda felt bad thinking someone else will get that pc of crap.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Count me in! Only foolishness with a firearm was a remington model 8 that I had picked up. She was made in 1913 and the action was gummed up pretty bad from little or no cleaning from the previous owner. Went to field strip her down, ping...there goes a spring and the action bars just fall out of the receiver...needless to say without a manual or a youtube cheatsheet video it took me about 2 hours to clean and reassemble. I will probably not clean it internally for another 100 years, by that time I will be dead and it wont be my problem anymore...

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'm in. I bought a sling for my AR15 without having an attachment point, so it secures to the stock right behind the lower. Except being a bit loose,(per it's design), it always screws with my pulling the charging handle back. I guess it's time to order the mounting point, it is quite irritating.

·
Registered
334 Posts
A long time ago I bought a Bryco/Jennings 380. What a piece of crap. I keep it as a reminder to never buy a cheap gun again.
Hope it wasn't one I put on consignment. What a piece of crap, lotsa malfunction drills ;).

I ended up with $45 after the commission to the LGS.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will play. The only real gun that was a "lemon" for we was a Walther PPK/s. For many years I wanted a PPK because I grew up with James Bond. Well Gander Mountain had the new one on sale so I went ahead and purchased one. For starters I could not get the slide off to clean it. Took it back to Gander and the gun smith could not to it very well either. So sent in back to S&W and had it re-worked.

After weeks received the gun back. When I again tried to break it down I sliced my hand open on a sharp edges. They had left a bur on it. That was it. Traded the gun.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts