New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so happy it finally came! Took my pistol course May 23rd. I purposely took it in Conn. so I could do the live fire right then and not wait till after I got my permit. Called to make appointment a week before my pistol course and they gave me April 2014! She told me to call every week to see if there is a drop out. I called again two days later and they had an opening June 4th of this year! Lucky, huh? So, I got printed and submitted apps on June 4th. Came in the mail today! Dated Oct. 9th. Mail came at 3:45 and I ran out the door like a lunatic cause clerks office closes at 4:30. I was in and out in 20 mins. Went to Blueline Tactical to pick up my M&P 9c and they had just gotten a shipment of ammo! Lucky again! Anyways its finally all over. Just over 4 months in Westchester isnt too bad at all.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Excellent and you sure did get lucky with that appt. It took 4.5 months for my appt and that was 2 years ago before the rush.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am so happy it finally came! Took my pistol course May 23rd. I purposely took it in Conn. so I could do the live fire right then and not wait till after I got my permit. Called to make appointment a week before my pistol course and they gave me April 2014! She told me to call every week to see if there is a drop out. I called again two days later and they had an opening June 4th of this year! Lucky, huh? So, I got printed and submitted apps on June 4th. Came in the mail today! Dated Oct. 9th. Mail came at 3:45 and I ran out the door like a lunatic cause clerks office closes at 4:30. I was in and out in 20 mins. Went to Blueline Tactical to pick up my M&P 9c and they had just gotten a shipment of ammo! Lucky again! Anyways its finally all over. Just over 4 months in Westchester isnt too bad at all.
Congrats. I submitted on 7/24. If these recent approvals are a good indication then I should be right behind you. Blueline is holding onto a P226 for me.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Another lucky winner! Congratulations!

I am officially jealous. I submitted on June 26. Maybe there's hope?

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I love seeing so many people with apps in the pipeline.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys. There is def hope. You should be right behind me. Dont let the anti-gunners discourage you by making this process so annoying and long.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
The process deterred me for 10 years and then took 7 years until I knew enough westchester residents to fill out the reference paper... then I went to turn it in only to find out the paperwork was too old and expired and had to start over. But this time I found out they don't "have" to be westchester residents; even though the manual states that.. so one more year and my wait was over.. that was two years ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The process deterred me for 10 years and then took 7 years until I knew enough westchester residents to fill out the reference paper... then I went to turn it in only to find out the paperwork was too old and expired and had to start over. But this time I found out they don't "have" to be westchester residents; even though the manual states that.. so one more year and my wait was over.. that was two years ago.
I put if off for so long also because of the process. It really is annoying but this time I just did it all as fast as I could to just get it over with.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats. I submitted on 7/24. If these recent approvals are a good indication then I should be right behind you. Blueline is holding onto a P226 for me.
I went to Blueline last Tuesday with a big smile on my face. Simon was behind the counter and new what was up. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I went to Blueline last Tuesday with a big smile on my face. Simon was behind the counter and new what was up. :D
That's awesome. I can't wait to make that trip. I have so many other pistols I want to buy. I'll also be buying a "black" rifle or 6 when the unSAFE Act is overturned !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Would this be target, or concealed carry? I'm considering going through the headache, and I'm seeing how fellow westchester slaves have managed.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Ugh.....I just called the permit office to check on the status of my application.

I submitted my paperwork and got fingerprinted on 6/26/13. As of 10/24/13, my application is "about to go to the judge." According to the clerk, I've got another "month to six weeks" to wait for a decision.

Oh well...nothing I can do about it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts