New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to state the good news. Approved from herkimer county after around a 10 month wait.

Off to the store now to check out some handguns and attempt to make my selection. Most likely can't buy tonight however. :)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to money poor and gun rich

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You won't be getting a 1911 by chance would you?!? So many makers and they all look Awesome!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
You can get a 1911 for under 500 ! There are plenty makers out there who will sell their product for that price ! Now get you some !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I am excited I finally got it. The 1911 is near and dear to my heart from when I have shot them in the past (out of state). I am debating between a 1911 (most likely rock island) and an MP 9c, shield, or mp45. Those are my main ones I am considering but am also looking at the bersa UC Pro series and a few others!!!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks guys! I am excited I finally got it. The 1911 is near and dear to my heart from when I have shot them in the past (out of state). I am debating between a 1911 (most likely rock island) and an MP 9c, shield, or mp45. Those are my main ones I am considering but am also looking at the bersa UC Pro series and a few others!!!!!
Congrats! Put the ruger commander on your list also for just slightly more than the
Rock Island. A lot of gun for little money.

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
Congrats on the approval. Happy shopping and hope you truly enjoy whatever you choose.

·
Registered
622 Posts
10 months for some bureaucrat to allow you to exercise your constitutionally protected rite. I hate this state!
Good luck with the pistol . I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you've chosen. And don't worry too much about picking the right one. Pretty soon you will probably own all of the ones on your list.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Unsure what your intended purposes are, but the M&P45, particularly the mid-size, makes a very efficient New York state package.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Get them all (why delay the inevitable?).

·
Registered
170 Posts
i would also check out the range officer compact by springfield... great 1911 and will be my first .45

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unsure what your intended purposes are, but the M&P45, particularly the mid-size, makes a very efficient New York state package.
For intended purpose ill bring it hunting and virtually everywhere I can legally. I'm getting an iwb for any gun I choose and trying that out. The shield is really comfortable and I like the 9mm round. The mp 9c is a little bigger then that. The mp45 I have shot before and loved it compared the G30. I like 1911s I have shot the full size ruger and the r1 and liked them both.

I have heard good things around the bersa uc pro but have yet put my hands on it. I am torn.

I do have 45 dies and 400 brass also

1 - 20 of 35 Posts