New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I got home from work yesterday I opened my mailbox to find my approval letter waiting for me. 5 1/2 months of a wait but glad it's over. Just a sheet of paper basically telling me to pay another small fee and come pick the permit. Thought I did that all already....

Now the bad part, well more so annoying, I need to get back down to the County Clerk's office but it has to be 8 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday. Just so happens I work like most of us doing during those hours. Just a small thing that bothers me but looks like I'll be heading down there one day before work. Then off to the shop to pick up my pistol the next day.

Just glad I got the permit before I move in the next month to Putnam County, glad I'm moving there just need to figure out what to do once I move there regarding the permit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats! The following should help you out. I found it on the Clerks website

VI. RECORDS TRANSFER TO ANOTHER JURISDICTION:
1. If you should relocate from Westchester County to another county within New York State, Penal Law § 400.00[5], allows you to transfer your firearm records to your new County of residence. To do this, you must notify the Pistol License Unit within ten (10) days of your move in writing and request that your records be transferred to your new licensing jurisdiction, file an amendment form and remit the transfer fee to both Westchester County and to the receiving County (both payments must be submitted to Westchester County).
2. Your new licensing jurisdiction may or may not immediately issue you a new firearm license. Please be advised that, until your new licensing jurisdiction issues you a license, Westchester County will continue to be your licensing agency and all firearm related transactions must continue to be done through the Westchester County Police Pistol License Unit (Penal Law § 400.00[9]).

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
glad they finally granted you your permit to exercise your rights. 5.5 months is about regular for wastechester... but how long was the wait from when you called to make your appointment?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was 11 months from the time I called to schedule my "interview/appointment" to when I had it. Tack on the 5 1/2 months afterwards, we're looking at nearly a year and a half for the time I choose I wanted to purchase a pistol to when I was allowed to purchase a pistol.

Law abiding citizens like myself have to wait all that time but criminals will just pick one up the next day...because we all know how much they care about gun laws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts