New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been calling every few days trying to get a new appointment because my original date was September 2014 and they had a cancelation for next Tuesday so I took it! I'm so excited!

My advice for everyone is to keep calling because they get cancelations all the time. The lady told me they had 2 cancelations today and one for Thursday but I couldn't make those times.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Go for it!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You will have your permit in hand before your originally scheduled date. With luck you would have added two more guns to your permit by then.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice work. They're efficient and professional at the county clerk's office, but certainly not warm and fuzzy. It will be like your best day at the DMV.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Good luck man!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now that you have your appointment make sure all your paperwork is in order.
Make copies of everything, safety course, firearm bill of sale so the detective won't have to.
It will show that you are very organized and will make it a more pleasant experience for him.
Good Luck !!
C.B.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that you have your appointment make sure all your paperwork is in order.
Make copies of everything, safety course, firearm bill of sale so the detective won't have to.
It will show that you are very organized and will make it a more pleasant experience for him.
Good Luck !!
C.B.
Will do... Thanks!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got my appt a week after calling. What I find as odd is that people actually cancel their appointments.

i was done in 15 minutes and they were very polite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts