New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am filling out a Florida conceal permit application here in Marion NY where I live. Problem is I need to have finger prints taken by a law enforcement agency using the finger print card that was in the permit package. Wayne Co sheriff dept says they will not do it....anyone know who will?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bring them some dunk and donuts and a box of joe and ask if you can just get the finger print card and do them your self

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
NYS Troopers do it for free, just make sure you call as they do not do it every day. Make sure you mention it is for Florida.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am filling out a Florida conceal permit application here in Marion NY where I live. Problem is I need to have finger prints taken by a law enforcement agency using the finger print card that was in the permit package. Wayne Co sheriff dept says they will not do it....anyone know who will?
When you asked, did you specifically tell them it was for an out-of-state permit? In erie county if you merely ask for fingerprints for a pistol permit they will assume it is for a NY permit and they will tell you they won't do it. Now, on the other hand, if you say it's for an out-of-state permit they will tell you when to come in and how much it will cost.

And, in case you were wondering, the start-to-finish time to receive a Florida permit is currently around 4 to 5 weeks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
When you asked, did you specifically tell them it was for an out-of-state permit? In erie county if you merely ask for fingerprints for a pistol permit they will assume it is for a NY permit and they will tell you they won't do it. Now, on the other hand, if you say it's for an out-of-state permit they will tell you when to come in and how much it will cost.
WTF ?!?!?!? which police agency is doing this ? They're ok doing it for a FL permit, but don't want you to go for a NY permit ??!?!?!?!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just applied as well, and did some research as to getting fingerprinted.

I found this doc about which agencies will fingerprint and how much it will cost, but you should always call first as the doc is a few years old:

The Warner School

The NYSP Scottsville Rd barracks will do it for free Mondays between 10 - 2. The doc I linked to has it wrong, they do not do it every day. The barracks in Wayne Co might also do it, so call or stop by there and check.

Since you're in Wayne Co, try the Macedon Police Department. Their web site says they will fingerprint for $15 (free for residents).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts