New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I have a business and none of these answers apply to me. Idk what to put.

be publicly disclosed are as follows: (check all that are applicable)

1. My life or safety may be endangered by disclosure because:

A. I am an active or retired police officer, peace officer, probation officer, parole officer, or corrections officer;

B. I am a protected person under a currently valid order of protection; C. I am or was a witness in a criminal proceeding involving a criminal charge;

D. I am participating or previously participated as a juror in a criminal proceeding, or am or was a member of a grand jury;

2. My life or safety or that of my spouse, domestic partner or household member may be endangered by disclosure for some other reason explained below: (Must be explained in item 5 below)

3. I am a spouse, domestic partner or household member of a person Identified in A, B, C or D of question 1. (Please check any that apply)

A

B

C

D

4. I have reason to believe that I may be subject to unwarranted harassment upon disclosure.
5. (Please provide any additional supportive information as necessary)

I HAVE A BUSINESS

O(A) I want this Confidentiality Request form to apply to any and all of my NYC handgun license applications

·
Registered
5 Posts
The questions are meant to answer a simple question, "IS THERE ANYONE WANTING TO HURT YOU."

This has been a catch-22 deal from the start.
HYPOTHETICAL:
You have reason to believe someone wants to hurt you.
So do you want a gun to protect yourself or will it be used as an assault weapon against your enemies?

That would take two different directions and I don't know how to proceed.
I have been an FFL class 1 and 3 since 1985.
If you ask me, I don't know what to address, as either statement can be used against you.
Welcome to NYC rules guns!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't bother. Today's Supreme Court decision makes these types of permits unconstitutional. NYC/NYS will now have to issue a permit to anyone not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. Hang tight and see what happens but you will no longer have to prove a special reason for getting a permit. If you feel you want one, they'll have to give it to you. Isn't freedom a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I believe that is the privacy form/ FOIL exemption form.
I completed the form many years ago. It's to protect your privacy (name, address, etc.) So, your info (gun owner) is not public record.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts